Logan subdivision

Discussion in 'Development' started by Getricheatcake, 19th Apr, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Getricheatcake

Getricheatcake Member

Hello all, thought I’d create a blog of my first subdivision also my first blog on PC so go easy.

Ok so the house is in LCC corner block with an existing highest brick home with a pool, house is positioned to the back corner so I have two options.

Option 1, create one new 700m2 block and leave existing block as 1200m2 maintaining street apeal for both houses as the both have street access.

Option 2, create 700m2 block and also create a 2nd new lot at 400m2 thus turning existing house into a battle axe on 800m2. So 1 into 3

Any opinions advice will be greatly appreciated as I am new to the process and have only done research online and advice from my planner. Also for those that have undergone previous maybe similar subdivisions an insight on costs.

Thanks

2. LJW

LJW Well-Known Member

My thoughts:

Step 1 - Talk to a real estate agent to find out roughly what the end product of the options are likely to be;
    Step 2 - Talk to your town planner to find out roughly what the subdivision costs for each option will be. Also make sure that you can subdivide as per the above;
    Step 3 - Do a feaso on each option;
    Step 4 - Choose the most profitable.

Ray White Marsden, Sackie and Brady like this.
  3. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

Any opportunities for a duplex on one of the sites that you could sep title using a building format plan later on (no DA needed)

4. Getricheatcake

Getricheatcake Member

Thanks for the reply’s!
    Have proceeded with 1-3 700m2 will be compliant with duplex. Going through application process with my planner at the moment hopefully have Da in 6-8 weeks. Have spoken to local agent and a duplex site is going to be quite profitable and should be an easy sell. I’ll update after I get that red stamp

Tom Rivera and Ray White Marsden like this.
  5. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

what suburb is it?
    Inbox me if you like as I have some experience in the area and pretty familiar with LCC rules

So you have a 1900m2 corner block? and whats the zoning and the dimensions

6. Getricheatcake

Getricheatcake Member

Hey all so now have DA moving ahead with operational works permit hopefully 3-4 weeks for approval. First block has been approved for overhead direct power which is good saves on time /money, very minimum drainage/water/sewer work needed. Hopeing to have first block titled and sold within 3-4 months

Connor and Ray White Marsden like this.
  7. Ibtassam Zia

Ibtassam Zia New Member

Hey, just wondering, how much did it cost you all up to get this DA in Logan? Only if you don't mind me asking of course. thanks

8. Getricheatcake

Getricheatcake Member

Hey Da cost around $12,000

Subdivision costs

Townplanner/surevyor
    Council fees
    Stormwater management
    Prelim engineer drawings

9. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

What kind of return on total development costs are you looking at?

10. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Would you mind shooting me a PM with some details on the land? My business partner is a builder and loves to work with agents on these infill's- i.e. propose a build that the agent can sell with the land if he feels it will add value to that particular buyer.

11. Getricheatcake

Getricheatcake Member

Just sent you a message mate

12. Bea

Bea New Member

Hey i am new in this forum would love to hear form some that has been approved for subdivision in shailer park (Logan Council) we have purchased an investment property 3 years ago 1200sqm corner block and would love to add another house on the block , we have been advised last year that a few new rules have come into place that some areas in shailer park cannot be subdivided any longer..... has anyone else had the same issue, i really dont want to pay for lodging a requested and then to be told no permit and lose my money..... dose anyone have some good advice on how to approach this the right way... is it possible

13. Getricheatcake

Getricheatcake Member

Hey mate jump on Logan interactive mapping and have a look what your house is zoned as I know there is large suburban and suburban in Shailer Park each have different requirements. Once you find out go onto Logan city council website and type in reconfigure lot in search bar and you’ll find the information relating to your zoning

14. Bea

Bea New Member

15. Bea

Bea New Member

Thanks for the information was very helpfull. Was in a low density residentail zone large suburban min lots 1000m2 no min on aveage lot permit says yes .Will keep you posted if gets approved. .thanks again bea

Tom Rivera likes this.
  16. Getricheatcake

Getricheatcake Member

Hello all thought I’d update, block is now registered and up for sale. First development I believe ran fairly smoothly and I’m looking forward to starting stage two early next year.

Connor and Tom Rivera like this.