Logan Storm Damage

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Avi Khan, 31st Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Avi Khan

Avi Khan Member

Hello,

Most Property Manager's across Logan are under the pump.

If anyone needs a driveby check up of their rental in Marsden, Crestmead or Slacks Creek feel free to SMS me.

Avi Khan

2. Luke T

Luke T Well-Known Member

Thanks Avi
    that is very kind !

3. Luke T

Luke T Well-Known Member

Do you know how bad it got hit?
    Slacks creek ? down at mount warren Park ?

4. Kangabanga

Kangabanga Well-Known Member

Found this on google, looks pretty bad. Don't think anyone will be able to access the area for a while.
    @Avi Khan make sure you have a 4WD and drive around with caution.

Looks like council in SEQ will have to seriously update their flood maps properly this time.

• 10:55am
    • Jorge Branco
    Priceless items lost
    A Beenleigh rugby union club is also counting the cost of the big wet as a river runs through its field and clubhouse at Mount Warren Park.

The water is so high on the field the crossbar on the goal posts has gone under, along with an entire toilet block.

But worse news is the clubhouse, which was more than half inundated as the water rose on Friday morning.

Beenleigh and Districts Bears vice president Henry Antonio said about $40,000 worth of stock would be lost, along with signed Wallabies jersey and priceless items such as old club photos.

"I've never seen it (the floodwaters) as high as this," he said, echoing the words of several locals out surveying the swelling waterway.

[​IMG]
    The field for the Beenleigh and District Bears and Junior club Yatala Rams is underwater. Photo: Jorge Branco

Mr Robertson said the water was well above what he was told the one-in-100-year flood level was and he had no warning from council.

"I would have moved everything to higher ground, the machinery and everything," he said.

[​IMG]
    Smart Stone Landscape Supplies Mount Warren Park manager director Kristian Robertson wades out Photo: Jorge Brance

SOURCE : brisbanetimes.com.au
    Flooding hits south-east Queensland rivers in wake of Cyclone Debbie

Last edited: 31st Mar, 2017
    Luke T likes this.
  5. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

A sobering reminder to many that EVERY flood is different. Past history can only be a guide.

Brisbane largely escaped due to the rain depression moving fairly quickly over the wider catchment area. Albert and Logan catchments received far more rain, up to 1000ml (40 inches in the old scale) at Springbrook, so rose far more quickly, and much higher.

Logan River still to peak....

There will be flooding in places that have never flooded before. True there was little warning, as events proceeded too quickly and unexpectedly. Forecasters can on,ly predict probable outcomes, they don't have a crystal ball!

And northern NSW, Tweed river flood also. Lismore and Murwillumbah flooded.
    Marg

gman65, Avi Khan and Kangabanga like this.
  6. Avi Khan

Avi Khan Member

Hi Luke, Majority of Mount Warren Park is fine.
    A few homes along the golf course came close. But haven't heard of any major issues. It is fairly elevated.

Slacks Creek
    Mate my colleague has been out there most of today.
    Feel free to give him a call - Paul Penklis 0450 549 39
    There's been a lot of branches that have come down - mostly damage from the strong winds last night.No serious issues. Parks Flooded and some roads were closed. Meakin Park always has the same issues.

Luke T likes this.
  7. Wandercro

Wandercro Well-Known Member

I have a place on Princess Street, Marsden. Any idea how that area is? Can't get through to my PM!

Avi Khan likes this.
  8. Avi Khan

Avi Khan Member

Hi mate, depends where you are on Princess. I'll be at Princess Street around 4.30pm today. Buzz me if you want me to check your property from the outside.. Avi

9. Wandercro

Wandercro Well-Known Member

I've sent you a private message.

Avi Khan likes this.
  10. gman65

gman65 Well-Known Member

Looks pretty bad around Beenleigh and other parts of Logan, as well as Northern parts of the Gold Coast. This wasn't a dam release problem either like Brisbane 2011. Forget "1 in 100 year" floods, these will be happening every few years.

11. pwnitat0r

pwnitat0r Well-Known Member

I have a townhouse on Park Rd, Slacks Creek. Any damage around there?

I didn't want to annoy my PM as I figured they would be pretty busy and they would have contacted me if something was urgent.

12. Kangabanga

Kangabanga Well-Known Member

13. JesseT

JesseT Well-Known Member

Hi Avi how did Waterford West handle the storm?
    I have one on Beutel and one on Waters

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.