Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

QLD Logan/South Brisbane - Desirable tenants

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Sean Reynolds, 15th Sep, 2015.

1. Sean Reynolds

Sean Reynolds Member

Hi all,

I'm looking at buying an established house (650 sqm+) for 300-450k near Brisbane in the coming months. Looking at a buy and hold strategy.
    Being from Melbourne, I know very little about the area. Searching through the forums there seems to be mixed opinion on the quality of tenants in the Logan Shire. Was hoping to get your thoughts on areas within the Logan Shire, or nearby areas, that may cost a bit more, but will lead to less headaches.

Of course there's a correlation between the quality of the tenants and the amount I spend :) However I'd still like a good yield

Appreciate any help!

2. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Daisy Hill probably fits your requirements, better suburb and potential tentants but also more expensive.

3. Fungus

Fungus Well-Known Member

Or if you want slightly better tenants, but also at the lower end of your budget (<$350k) you can also look at areas a bit further south such as Marsden and Waterford.

4. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

Or Shailer Park. Big blocks nice demographic, well built family homes. And interestingly seems to miss the worst of the Brisbane storms.

5. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

What do you locals think of Cornubia? Looking at something there at the moment.

6. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

Dunno. Seems expensive to me? That John Paul College is a magnet for the Southside Yummy Mummies - Cornubia, Daisy Hill Shailer Park. But there are some seriously well built homes in that area big square metres.

7. gman65

gman65 Well-Known Member

Not too bad an area, and not too badly situated (short drive to Hyperdome or M1 highway to BNE/GC).. but is not "packed in" suburbia yet so there is some space. Some of the larger pockets of land that are starting to be turned into estate, so there will continue to be new houses built out there.

I think it's got potential for growth. Feels nicer than other parts of Logan.

I don't think there is that much transport or shops/etc out there, so its a very much drive to everything sort of place.

8. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

Yeah i noticed that about the transport, no trains but there are buses along there. Not sure how frequent. Shopping isnt too bad though, there is the iga/shops, its 5 minute drive to hyperdome and there is a new woolies going in there on beenleigh road.

9. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

We caution people about flood prone areas.
    What are people's view on land slide prone areas?
    I note some of the better suburbs such as DH, TM, EL, Cornubia most part are in land slide overlay

Sean Reynolds likes this.