Logan, QLD: looking for builders to fix roof due to storm

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by Hoan, 13th Apr, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Hoan

Hoan Member

Hi guys,

My property in Logan, QLD was damaged in a storm recently. Part of the front roof was blown off. Any recommendations for good builders in the area are highly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Is this the property that has sub-standard building work?
    If so, you will struggle to get a reputable builder to simply replace the roof without fixing existing faults.
    Marg

3. Hoan

Hoan Member

I would not see it as sub-standard work, but it seems not complying with the current building code. Anyhow, I would want to have them fixed properly.

4. Hoan

Hoan Member

Would anyone be able to refer me to a good builder?

5. hobartchic

hobartchic Well-Known Member

Contact Master Builders Association.

6. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Or you could contact HIA too - which is exactly equivalent to the MBA (Master Builders Association) for a list of members in your area. Remember, though that belonging to either of these organisations is no promise of perfection - they are fee based organisations and you get the membership just by paying the fee.

Personally, I would put an ad on hi pages. You may only need a carpenter, rather than a builder.

Whoever you get, check their licence, insurance and references. And get more than one quote.

Our clients are global and know we are property tax professionals. Our advisers are qualified and experienced and we don't outsource. We can help with complex CGT, Income Tax, and Developer issues. Property is our speciality incl Trusts, Co and SMSF