QLD Logan Property 2017

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by YoungBull, 6th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. mombie

mombie Member

thanks richard! sent you a msg.
    oh another one is 400ish h&l in redbank plains

2. eletronic_exp0430

eletronic_exp0430 Well-Known Member

Simon L and Blueskies like this.
  3. alien07

alien07 Member

Nice figures! Not sure why so much hate on logan though. :confused:

4. eletronic_exp0430

People always talk about things they have little knowledge about or go off 3rd, 4th and 5th persons perspectives - when they themselves have no idea. Something like my cousins, brothers, mates girlfriends best mate lives in Logan.

Always do your own research.

Tranquilo, Lions4Eva and alien07 like this.
  5. alien07

alien07 Member

Seems like they like 'up market' suburbs and look down on 'working man's' suburbs. Maybe cos its nicer to brag about it to their peers or too much Michael Y? :D

6. Blueskies

Blueskies Well-Known Member

Interesting to see bigger jumps on the often snubbed "Westside" of the motorway. Goes to show growth can com from many places

eletronic_exp0430 likes this.
  7. Blueskies

Freestanding homes on big blocks in established suburbs 20-30ks from CBD for $300k with 5-6% gross rental yields. Less than an hour to Gold coast, lots of industry/ employers, solid train and busway connectivity, big shopping hubs, development friendly council, one of the fastest growing LGAs in Australia...

No hate coming from my direction...

Last edited: 5th Oct, 2017
    Rich2011 and eletronic_exp0430 like this.
  8. JesseT

JesseT Well-Known Member

I was excited to see that Logan was the fastest growing LGA in AUS, but can't find any information to support this, what was your source?

9. eletronic_exp0430

Park Ridge was the best performing suburb in the entire of Logan this year. That is West of the motorway (right next to Crestmead, Marsden, Boronia Heights, Berrinba - which was inevitable if a suburb like Park Ridge was performing so well and its literally next door) so these increases in value on the western suburbs is not surprising at all. I knew this was going to be the case from 12 months ago when I started investing in Logan.

Like you said there are too many positives and investment going into the area for this not to happen no matter what the naysayers say.

Now Brisbane and the entire of SEQ is gaining momentum wait for another 12 months and see where we are. It will be growing more rapidly.

Last edited: 5th Oct, 2017
  10. Blueskies

Edit: "one of the fastest..."

11. Simon L

Simon L Well-Known Member

Logically speaking, west side of the highway has much more growth potential than East. As nice as parts of the Eastern side is, the current prices certainly reflect that already and if anything, only pronounces the widening gap for the West side to catch up to.
    That 'feel good' factor buying on the East side of the highway is certainly there - but you have to ask yourself, how much actually dollar growth potential is there if prices are already where they are?

Luk.bai, Nerak, Starbright and 5 others like this.
  12. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

You're on the right track! It's so important in this area to come up and see it for yourself, Logan is such a diverse mix bag that it's impossible to confidently pick a good spot without seeing it in person, I always get a bit nervous when investors ask for assistance to buy site unseen.

There's nothing wrong with Realestate.com, there really aren't that many people with the "insider knowledge" and "off market deals". Those who spruik them are generally talking themselves up. The vast majority of people rely on the same tools you're using.

1. Great option, but as Richard said, there is massive "padding" in 99% of these packages. I'm personally also not a fan of what's happening to Loganlea, it's a great area near the train/hospital/highway/shops/university but all the little laneway Dual-Occupancy single block developments are making it a bit slummy already, I hate to see it in ten years.

2. Meadowbrook is a gorgeous area, great houses, totally landlocked for growth, easy to rent, just keep an eye out for what Richard mentioned.

3. Not a fan of Dual-Occupancy's in Ipswich, and Augustine heights is very expensive. You can't get a 2-Bed secondary dwelling which really restricts the yield on the higher end packages. When I've done Dual-Occ's in Ipswich we usually try to go for cheap- small home on a small lot.

4. Same as above RE: Loganlea.

If you're still up here, come say hi and sit down for a coffee.

13. magyar

magyar Well-Known Member

Interesting. The 55 acres in carbrook that back onto the Logan river is up for Sale. This is the area that was to be developed into a massive tourist park with over 1500 villas. Chinese must have pulled out.

48-50 Riedel Road Carbrook Qld 4130 http://www.realestate.com.au/property-residential land-qld-carbrook-201926318

14. SE_T84

SE_T84 Active Member

In the 11 yrs I've lived here I have only seen Crestmead flood a few months ago (this was the more "rural" part next to Park Ridge I believe) thanks to the heavy rain from TC Debbie.
    There are tiny parts of Marsden that still experience some flooding (in extremely heavy rain - i.e ex TC rain). This includes a small part of Princess Street and the street next to the Marsden shops. To give the council credit, since I moved here (I live in Marsden) they have really improved the drainage. A lot more of Princess Street used to flood but no longer does.

Jose Eduardo Slompo likes this.
  15. eletronic_exp0430

If there was tiny flooding during TC Debbie it didn't affect a single house in either suburb. That's what Logan council told me when I called to ask about this when I started investing in Logan and in particular Marsden and Crestmead areas. The council rep advised that there might have been slight puddling on some main roads but nothing to even cause the slightest issues. There was no reports of any house in these areas being affected.

So I think its safe to say that if nothing in these areas flooded in that event which Logan river peaked to its highest ever I believe and the downfall also set a record well its going to be very very low for these areas to be affected in the future as well.

Well at least the time that we are all alive and in the investment game.

16. SE_T84

SE_T84 Active Member

I wouldn't feel confident to say "not a single house" was impacted. And it was a bit more than puddling, actual roads were closed in each suburb.

However, like I said in my initial post, a lot of work has been done to improve drainage in the area but there are still parts that will flood. In Marsden this is always around the shops and the acerage parts of 3rd/4th avenue (down the bottom).

Qld is susceptible to extreme weather events. Some may joke its part of being a Queenslander. Whether it's ex TC torrential rain from the north, or SEQ summer storms.

Wasn't trying to be negative, just answering questions realistically as someone who lives here.

17. eletronic_exp0430

Which roads? and streets which were affected? I'll like to know this to avoid in future. Also I'll would like to confirm your findings with council - like you say on here due diligence is key when buying and not taking the word of anyone. I would like to double check my houses there.

18. magyar

magyar Well-Known Member

19. SE_T84

SE_T84 Active Member

Doesn't your property manager advise you of that sort of thing?

Roads affected this time around were Tamarind and Kurrajong. Tamarind road always floods in torrential rain. However I can't speak for the houses down that road. Just the roads.

I think once they build the new shops there that they will do enough with drainage/infrastructure that it will change again.

20. eletronic_exp0430

Yes they do - and none of my houses were affected and they said none of their portfolio of their houses they manage were affected. I use 4 different agents down there. (I know I should combine the agents no time yet) - but I want to see which streets are so I can avoid them if I buy there again.

If you go onto Logan council website and look at the flood maps you will know what I mean when I say there is very little affected by floods in these areas.

PFI provide our clients with the opportunity to purchase an investment property, together with performing equity investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities some providing monthly income. This is the value of advice.