QLD Logan or Ipswich

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by b3th, 13th Jul, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

I loooooove the trains!! Most of the trouble along train lines are self inflicted (poor souls) sometimes the 'police incidents' are not trouble but some poor person checking out. Or trying to. Most stations have really good station masters that keep everyone on their toes. I can hardly beleive what i read ...... i really hate buses :)

2. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Oops the zone jargon relates to a zone or town planning area that is rated for apartments or townhouses. In the logan area there are classications related to density and height, and hte red zone is just how it is drawn on some maps (at least that is my laymans understanding). Nothing radioactive :) just development and capital growth opportunities.

Sandy Varin and MikeyBallarat like this.
  3. DavidDavid

DavidDavid Well-Known Member

Loganholme/Edens Landings 100%. Most owner occupier and very close to both highways M1 and M6 Also more gentified then other more inland suburbs. Trains are at 8 min drive from there. The close proximity to the gold coast also gets the benefits of both extremities compared to Ipswich. Gold Coast at 25 min is exactly Gold!!!! Much more possibilities to grow as will attract investors from both ends. Logan always before Ipswich in my opinion.

4. mytwocents

mytwocents Well-Known Member

Which is the good and bad part of Marsden ?

5. Sandy Varin

Sandy Varin Member

But what do you do if you want to invest bit you live in Melbourne?

6. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

As a general rule the Western parts of Marsden are a bit tidier than the Eastern parts, but it really comes down to the specific house/street in most cases.

Engage local professionals :D

craigc, Never giveup and Hamish84 like this.
  7. Mick Butterfield

Mick Butterfield Well-Known Member

Agreed. Newtown, Eastern Heights or Silkstone for me.

8. Hamish84

Hamish84 Well-Known Member

Throw in the hilltop streets of Sadliers Crossing, Coalfalls and Woodend, plus Denmark Hill. Beautiful.

Mick Butterfield likes this.
  9. DavidDavid

DavidDavid Well-Known Member

Personally I value more very easy access to the highways but it is personal. Most people I know they travel with their own cars and fast access to M1 especially and secondly the M6, both within few minutes, might be a much better choice for many then train in front the house with all the negatives that brings aswell. So I would choose more along the highway M1 Corridor. Places like Eagleby, Beenleigh, Edens Landings, Loganholme, (from here is getting expensive) Tenah Marah, Slacks Creek, Shailer Park, Daisy Hill. For beauty, greenary (looks like Mount Tamborine in many areas) and highway access I prefer Loganholme but the train is not there and if needed is at only 7-8 min drive (Loganlea or Beenleigh). There is a plan in the Logan city council for a bridge that will connect Loganholme to Edens Landings crossing the logan river bringing the train station at few min but it is not a council prerogative right now. It will be done but not timeframe. Edens Landing, Beenleigh have both access to highways and Trains. I would go for Logan compared to Ipswich for the vicinity to Gold Coast as Brisbane city, M1 to go south and the area around the port of Brisbane. Logan just the best in my opinion positioned exactly in the middle.

10. AsburyJuke

AsburyJuke Well-Known Member

Agree with this.
    And this - there are some really beautiful houses on big blocks, walking distance to everything, quiet streets. I would happily live in these suburbs (and I'm saying that as someone with a PPOR in Brisbane)

11. Lu Bracher

Lu Bracher Well-Known Member

@Tom Rivera I don't necessarily think H&L is overpayment - horses for courses.
    @Singhalyash - H&L is good for long term holds without the maintenance hassles.
    Trend is now moving toward co-living properties for cashflow...sure will add another challenge to property management.

12. Never giveup

Never giveup Well-Known Member

Hi, I did read about this co-living but it is a new concept and wasn't sure if right fit for me as an IP. Sure the rental can be good but limited target audience.

@boganfromlogan and @Tom Rivera - no one have crystal ball but for longterm CG Longlea vs Meadow ? (If comparing investing on a good street with good land, no floods...Longlea around 400K and Meadow around 500k)
    Thanks

13. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Loganlea generally has zoning with more potential than Meadowbrook, so I'd have to vote for Loganlea. Of course it ultimately comes down to the individual properties in question.