QLD Logan Logan Logan

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by adickt, 5th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

I've got no money in the area so I don't care tbh haha I'm going off data from pricefinder and if people think there will be a boom I can't see Logan doing 50% and Ipswich only doing say 10%.... Most cheapie suburbs did 110% CG in 3 years from 2002-2004 then another 20 odd percent in 2007..that's in both Ipswich and Logan..

Greyghost likes this.
  2. Zine

Zine Member

From Slacks creek perspective, i know everyone says that North of Paradise rd(ikea) is better area...
    How about south towards hyperdome from CG point? Closer to M1 as well.

3. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Do you know different ? I have no dog in this fight BTW, .....

Ipswich looks like a stand alone city, Logan etc seem to be spillover from the M1, infill if you like. Springfield is obviously planned. Do you think there is enough employment locally, or do people like options of North or South or West for work from Logan and similar areas ?

4. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

Not sure it matters hey as if there's a Brisbane boom it'll all go up as it has in the past. I've always thought the closer people are to Springfield, the better if investing in Ipswich cause of the amount of jobs that are coming.. Just yesterday they announced a mega shopping centre that's going into Redbank Plains.. that itself will probably create a couple thousand jobs. Just seems like more jobs going into Ipswich but Logan is positioned better geographically

Taku Ekanayake, Tekoz and Sam Yue like this.
  5. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

What do y'all think about the up coming tourist precinct in Loganholme? Zoo, Safari park, marina, extreme sports Etc. Looks like a mega project.

SouthBoy likes this.
  6. SouthBoy

SouthBoy Well-Known Member

I didn't know about this, can only be a good thing

7. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

First I've heard of it, sounds pretty good to me!

8. Ko Ko Naing

Ko Ko Naing Well-Known Member

Dispite being a big fan of Logan for my next property, I'll be keen to know what other investors here think about this:

http://www.yourinvestmentpropertyma...om-the-2015-october-market-report-205218.aspx

9. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

"... high level of unemployment in Logan is causing the market to stagnate"

Say Logan unemployment is 100%, residents could travel 25min to Brisbane CBD or 40min to Gold Coast for employment...
    If this is a Regional with high unemployment and residents needs to travel few hours to find alternate employment, then this comment might be valid.

I travel 60min one way every day for the last 15 years in Sydney for employment.

Eric Wu likes this.
  10. Ko Ko Naing

Ko Ko Naing Well-Known Member

Exactly, I travel 90 min one way every day for the last 6 years in Melbourne to work.

11. Investpro

Investpro Member

12. E.T

E.T Active Member

I'd like to see a dwelling in Logan that has fallen in value in the last 3 years, what a crock of ****, if you had bought certain dwellings in Beenleigh and Woodridge in 2011 you would of almost doubled your money by now. Fail

Rich2011 likes this.
  13. Lenny

Lenny Well-Known Member

For the record I like the Logan Shire. However, if you believe RE.com.au data then you may tread more carefully:

Woodridge - "The median sales price for houses in Woodridge, QLD in the last year was $280,000 based on 138 home sales. Compared to the same period five years ago, the median house sales price for houses increased 2.9% which equates to a compound annual growth rate of 0.6%."

Beenleigh - "The median sales price for houses in Beenleigh, QLD in the last year was $310,000 based on 122 home sales. Compared to the same period five years ago, the median house sales price for houses decreased 4.2% which equates to a compound annual growth rate of -0.8%."

A lot of people seemed to pay top dollar in 2008.

Whitecat, Zine and RetireRich101 like this.
  14. Coastal

Coastal Well-Known Member

Brown's plains homes worth $500 k median by end of 2018?

15. Debz

Debz Active Member

Its funny how some people here talk about Logan like its one big suburb and only has one market. Its like saying Western Sydney is one market.

Lenny likes this.
  16. Lenny

Lenny Well-Known Member

Isn't it just. I was saying today to someone that it's amazing how each suburb in Logan has its own feel or "theme". Bethania for example has the typical low set brick while Kingston has the big double story brick base. When I can I try to refer to it as Logan Shire, which hints that it's a shire made up of several suburbs each completely different and with their own positives and negatives.

Debz likes this.
  17. Plucka

Plucka Well-Known Member

Sorry to burst your bubble but Logan to CBD is no where near 25mins in peak hour, more like double that.

JDP1 likes this.
  18. Plucka

Plucka Well-Known Member

3 hours commuting a day is crazy, what a waste of time.

Tekoz and 2FAST4U like this.
  19. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

the inner/mid areas are 25min in peak hour.

20. Nathan Simon

Nathan Simon Well-Known Member

Hey mate i'm a Residential Salesperson down the coast, formerly in Logan.
    In regards to investmeent, if you're after rental yield i'd look into places like Woodridge, Kingston and Logan Central. Tenants can be rough but if selected properly you'll have no troubles.

Waterford West is also growing atm, development sites and a new kindergarten is being built. Tenants in this area are generally quite good, used to be on of them!

Whitecat likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.