QLD Logan & Ipswich - what's happening on the ground?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Jmillar, 28th Jun, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Jmillar

Jmillar Well-Known Member

Hi all,

All my properties are in Logan and Ipswich but haven't been there for over 6 months now. I bought them all fairly well and developed some, so I've manufactured equity but haven't seen any real capital growth for years now.

Just wondering what is happening on the ground? My agent did say they're selling properties a lot quicker now.

Is this the case?
    Are prices moving yet?
    Do we think investors will move towards these areas more now given money is so cheap and you can easily achieve 6% + returns?

Would appreciate anyopne's thoughts that are close to these markets.

2. gerege

gerege Well-Known Member

Still crap areas you won’t see Cg for 20 years sorry

3. JTR

JTR Well-Known Member

4. wilso8948

wilso8948 Well-Known Member

Here we go... :rolleyes:

4 bed purchased in a suburb of Logan. Early 2019 $323k purchase price. Rented day one $380/wk. Just issued a new lease $390/wk. Direct comparables selling $360k-$400k. Seen slightly more modern comparables sell $400k+..

Crap investment. :cool:

Tom Rivera likes this.
  5. Jmillar

Thanks for your highly insightful post - great contribution...

Tom Rivera, Nicho and Angel like this.
  6. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

Capital gain is never going to be the main reason for investing in these areas.

It’s the old debate between yield and capital gain.(High yield and low entry point mean you can still hold your investment when you lose your job though!)

Still laughing at that Raceview thread where that dude compared Raceview to Bondi. Cos those are the 2 choices right?

You will see growth when Brisbane sees growth. Meanwhile forget about it I reckon.

Tom Rivera, Noobieboy and wilso8948 like this.
  7. ndpjai

ndpjai Well-Known Member

Inner ring first, then to outer ring. May be in 2-3 years CG, for now its yield IMO.

8. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Let's be honest, there is a current downturn in some areas of Logan due to Covid. It is real. But it isn't massive (maybe 5-10%).

Does that mean there is capital gain just round the corner? Of course it does :) #IloveLogan

As an indication of the progressive nature of Logan i want to publicise the 'Don't Rush to Flush' campaign from Logan City, before i used to wash, drink and recreate in the loo, but i just found out it is just for the three P's.

Don't rush to flush – Logan City Council

I always thought we could better manage transport infrastructure by reducing number of vehicles (or return to horse n cart), but never extended that thinking to the sewerage network. In future i am going to try to do most of my business in a BCC LGA toilet, and preserve the wonderful underground waterways of Logan, and keep them pristine for future generations.

Don't rush to flush. Love it.

9. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

10. Jmillar

I always thought CG would follow yield to an extent.

Investors were buying in Logan when yields were 6-7% gross and interest rates were 5%. Now gross yields are still 6-7% gross and interest rates circa 3%.

wilso8948 likes this.