QLD Logan hot spots! Insider knowledge

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by magyar, 16th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

Good post Magyar, when I was looking those areas you mentioned were exactly the same I was looking at for all the reasons you mentioned. Ended up buying in Loganholme. If the tourist park ends up happening it should give the area a nice bump. Will probably cash out in 3-5 years.

magyar likes this.
  2. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Like Rochedale South a lot. Still some good value there. Had a client who recently bought a 3/1/1 for about 460k on 800m2 rents for 430 a week. Not bad considering vacant 400m2 lots in Rochedale are selling for about 400k and newish houses on 400-450m2 close to 1 million!

3. magyar

magyar Well-Known Member

That's a good buy for that size block, and nearly a 5% yield. Nice area to.

4. magyar

magyar Well-Known Member

DCO90 likes this.
  5. Invest_noob

Invest_noob Well-Known Member

SQM shows high vacancy rates for the Logan area, just wondering what's the reality on ground. Is it hard to rent properties?

6. icic

icic Well-Known Member

That's great news! Thanks for the sharing the article. I think it makes great logical sense to extend the metro to Springwood and Chermside. For Springwood this would certainly increase their hope in becoming Brisbane's second CBD. http://www.logan.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0016/4723/greaterspringwood.pdf Hopefully the Logan council will work hard to make this happen.

7. icic

icic Well-Known Member

btw @magyar is there any official announcement on the future extension ? I couldn't local anything in related to the extension on the brisbane city website.

8. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Hang on...there are a fair number of people who think that Brisbane itself needs to become a cbd first :)

New2prop and Tom Rivera like this.
  9. magyar

magyar Well-Known Member

There's over 60 suburbs in Logan so I suggest looking at particular suburbs within.

10. hpcproperty

hpcproperty Member

I got mine 3 properities in Logan, Woodridge, Bethania, and Eagleby...Rent out within 2 weeks after settlement.. I guess, it depands if you got the right property to suit local demend.
    Maybe ask around the property manager would help...:)

11. icic

icic Well-Known Member

True, but if you compare it to Tokyo, NY, Shanghai,London etc. same thing can be said about Sydney or Melbourne if you look at it that way.

12. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

It's a bit of a stretch to compare average houses in Rochedale South, Logan, with average houses the new estates in Rochedale in the BCC area. Despite proximity and the similarity in names, the two areas, and the quality of houses, are entirely different.
    Marg

13. magyar

magyar Well-Known Member

I wouldn't exactly say that the new houses in those estates are quality. Give me an older brick home in Rochedale over the new ones in the estates any day. Would like to see how many of those houses are still standing after 30-40 years.

Luk.bai and Rich2011 like this.
  14. Magoo

Magoo Well-Known Member

Just stumbled across this thread, great info maygar. I remember some 30 years ago when the east side was on average about 20-30K more expensive making it out of reach for the majority who purchased on the westside of the freeway. I cant see why those suburbs you mentioned Rochdale Sth to loganholme wont continue to grow as many Brisbane suburbs are becoming out of reach for young ones who want easy access to the city.

15. magyar

magyar Well-Known Member

Agree. On the ground usually first open house minimum 2-4 offers. Also more and more people selling there homes in kurbay rochedale and Underwood and rellocating further down south to get away from the mosques. Getting big money for their homes due to proximity of the mosques and buying lots of higher end properties(700-900k) in mentioned suburbs,. Another one has been approved in eight Mile Plains, so 3 mosques in a 2km vicinty.

16. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Yep.....but people will skip the Bronx ....i.e. Kingston, Woodridge, Shailer Park, Logan Central etc.

Tom Rivera and Jack Chen like this.
  17. magyar

magyar Well-Known Member

Wouldn't call Shailer Park the Bronx, it regularly achieves sales over $650k in certain parts. Personally not a fain of Lyndale street Shailer Park and would avoid buying there. But the price usually reflects if it's near there.

On the ground update.

The new Woolworths at Cornubia/Loganholme has been open for about a year now. Some really nice places to eat there (Greek seafood and grill, Turkish kebabs and pide, sushi, ect) definitely a plus for the area. All the business owners I've spoken to there said it's been a great year for them. Quite a few don't live local, and love the area, say it's got great access to and from highways. They also can't believe how cheap houses are compared to where they live and how much nicer this area is. Some are contemplating on moving.

A new bunnings is aopening this month at hyperdome, which unfortunately probably won't be to good for the locally owned mitre 10 up the road.

There's also a new commercial development that's been approved at the hyperdome. So far no news on what exactly will be there apart from a petrol station.

Few houses that were selling for mixed commercial and town house developments have also sold so will be interesting what happens there. There was also plans for 140 apartments around the hyperdome somewhere but not sure if that's going ahead.

They are also advertising 2 bedroom apartments of the plan in Springwood starting from $379k. Crazy if you ask me. Will have some cafes and retail on the bottom floors. Bit of gentrification. Also lots of talk about Springwood becoming an I.T capital and hub.

In daisy hill there is a new development of 3 and 4 bedroom townhouses near John Paul college. Starting from $770k. Pretty pricy when the older homes go anywhere from $450-800k. New homes in daisy hill now are usually all $800kplus on small block.

Went to an open house last Saturday in Tanah Merah, and the agent claimed to have 4 offers after the first open home. It's now Under contract for mid 600's.

I'm noticing the higher end homes are now also being snapped up pretty quickly. Before it was anything under $550k, but now regular sales of $750+ and a few $1million+. A huge house was also rented in cornubia for ,$1100 p.w.

I think these are some positive signs for the area. As much as people claim that being 5-10km from the cbd is important, for plenty of people it isn't. I know people that live 15km from the city and it takes me the same amount of time if not quicker to reach the cbd by bus with less stops.

People are slowly realising that being 25km from the city isn't necessarily a bad thing if they can afford to have a larger house on a bigger block. Lots of O/O in the area. Only the lower parts of tanah merah are really rentals.

If the Springwood master plan does go ahead, I think there will be some big cg to be had in the area , as long as there isn't something major with interest rates or the banks.

18. magyar

magyar Well-Known Member

19. magyar

magyar Well-Known Member

Tom Rivera likes this.
  20. Magoo

Magoo Well-Known Member