QLD Logan H & L packages

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Akber, 11th May, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Yes. Loganlea has a 'red zone' where townhouses are zoned (edge, core and frame) at different densities. The larger blocks on the 'edge' are good for 2 BR townhouses. They can also have a Granny Flat or other development, depending on how ambitious you are. They are a bit scarce, but you can find them on the logan interactive mapping tool.

Logan PD Hub

Some other suburbs have small areas of similar local plans, i am not so familiar with them. Springwood has from memory.

My version of large block is 900m. ALthough there is some grouping of blocks going on to double the size.

Place-based projects – Logan City Council

Akber likes this.
  2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

ah.. thats a big stretch tbh. I have properties inner/middle ring bought in the last decade and some have done very well. Even before the boom, some had moved 30-40%.

3. boganfromlogan

Someone on this forum bought a place in Loganlea, and had 23% CG the minute he signed the contract. God knows how much he has now.

4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

i'm not sure how you can work that out tbh. But good for him.

5. boganfromlogan

There was a humblebrag post.

For ppl who owned in the area (including yours truly) it was annoying, but gotta confess, good for him. It even showed up in a valuation (as a comparable) even though it was an outlier.

The agent kept cards close to chest, so it was tricky to get the deets until the humblebrag came out.

But there you go, 23% in no time at all.

Sackie likes this.
  6. boganfromlogan

7. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

What size block are you looking at? I own one near the station its a house on just over 800m2 and it has zoning for townhouses. It's seen very good growth since I purchased it.

momentum26 likes this.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.