QLD Logan Flooding

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by mytwocents, 12th Apr, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. mytwocents

mytwocents Well-Known Member

Has the recent 2022 Floodings in the South East affected the Logan Central properties....

I am looking to purchase an IP in this area and wanted to know if Logan Central (near main shops) was affected by the floods and has this pushed insurance even further?

I nearly bought in Marsden a few months ago but backed out for other reasons nd the property was flooded.

I don't want to be left in this unfortunate scenario if I do buy. The council mentions catchments that could affect this region however the flood plans until 2025 have not been realised yet.

2. applesathome

applesathome Well-Known Member

Check council websites for flood maps on what's flooded previously.

But just be aware that with the changing climate SEQ and a lot of parts of QLD are going to be prone to major weather events like flooding in future. The weather's not going to be getting better, so you want to be avoiding areas or pockets that could be more likely to flood when those inevitable rains come.

Other stuff to look for aside from has it flooded previously is things like is it at the top of the street, is it near water, is it on the low side or a slope in a street, is the house set below the footpath, etc.

TheRons likes this.
  3. SouthBoy

SouthBoy Well-Known Member

It was not mentioned in the Logan council website as one of the flood affected suburbs. My property in Logan Central was not affected and I have agents still calling and asking me if I want to sell it. Buyer demand has not abated for this suburb as far as I can see.

4. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

Logan did not flood that much last flood. It was worse the time before. Places that flooded previously in Logan did not flood at all in the most recent event.

This time it was Brisbane City itself that copped it the worse. All the places around the main Brisbane river.

5. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Why not just check Logan City Council flood mapping? Lots of good information there. Also you could just engage a good property manager to go and check out any property you are considering purchasing to see if flooding was close by in the recent floods.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia