QLD Logan City suburbs review?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Jun8, 5th Nov, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jun8

Jun8 Member

Hi guys, I’m currently looking at some houses around Parkinson and Algester but they are quite expensive. I am looking for something around 500k that is not too far away from the Brisbane CBD.

My criteria are safety, low crime rate, peaceful and no flood, about an hour or so from the city would be nice (on the Southside of course). I have been looking for 3 beds, 2 baths and 2 garages but it doesn’t seem to be realistic for that price so a bit less than my goal would be still ok.

I had a look at suburbs in Logan City and found Regents Park with lots of nice, big house at only 350k-450k. I can’t find much info about this area, even its crime rates or anything like that. I wonder why it is so cheap in Regents Park? I have been told that the Pacific Motorway divided Logan City into pretty much 2 sides: East side with nice suburbs and West side with bad ones. Not sure how accurate is that but I can tell the properties price are way cheaper on the “bad side”, including Regents Park.

I really appreciate if you guys can help me with more information about Regents Park and review about it. Other than that, any suggestion for different suburbs would be really nice, I’m still looking for more options. Thanks.

2. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Hi you can use this crime map to check any suburb.

Online Crime Map

Lots of difference in demographic between Parkinson/Algester and Regents Park @350k. Do your research carefully.

David_SYD likes this.
  3. Jun8

Jun8 Member

I tried the crime map and it does not seem to have a high rate there. I have no idea how to do further research about demographic difference as you suggested. Would you recommend this suburb for a living home? We are just looking for a place to live, no investment. Thanks so much

4. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

You could try renting before you buy? Talk to local agents and spend as much time as you can at open homes, it's amazing what you can learn from being on the ground, nothing beats it.