QLD Logan Central

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by miscg, 7th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sam Yue

Sam Yue Well-Known Member

Yes, Michael. Totally agree. Those suburbs are close to each other. In history they had price changes very in-line with each other. With cashflow neutral/positive, surrounding with more expensive suburbs and within 30 mins drive to CBD, those properties are great and safe for people who want to grow a large property portfolio.

BTW, Nathan Birch, who you mentioned in the interview, blows my mind as well! ;)

2. JTR

JTR Well-Known Member

Does anyone know when the redevelopment of the new Logan Central town centre is likely to happen? In particular the area north of Wembley Rd, where Woodridge State School currently is.
    The new Logan Masterplan sets out a 20 year vision, but I couldn't find any particular timeline or DAs for the proposed new civic and commercial areas.
    http://www.logan.qld.gov.au/plannin...nt/strategic-plans-and-projects/logan-central
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

im starting to see the properties in 4114 creep towards well into the 250-$300k property for a standard 600sqm 3bdr properties,

but im not seein very much growth in marsden and surrounding suburbs that historically have always been at least 20-$50k higher, for a newcomer to the market, the difference in price must be almost negligible...

anyone feeling the same??

4. Dmarkw

Dmarkw Well-Known Member

I was going to ask this same question about 4114. Lots of recent sales in the high 2's to early 3's now.

Listing prices on the entry level 3 bedders now generally start at 280+. Are these usually still selling at significant discounts, or are advertised prices now being met or exceeded?

Will be interesting to see where prices are at early next year.

5. Simon L

Simon L Well-Known Member

Vendors are getting greedy. Some cases they are getting what they want but most are still below asking.

Prices have gone up, but in most cases still haven't reached the last peak between 2008-2010. There will be outliers like fully renovated highsets with living areas underneath which has been the craze, and properties with development potential

I expect Logan as a whole to sail along nicely early 2016 in line with Brisbane

6. Special order

Special order Well-Known Member

I have been watching closely for the last 5 years and I mentioned the other day how hot it had become... I reckon this is the precipice for the push over 300 and beyond, how far who knows, some media frenzy would help get the pistons firing and move it into the next gear

7. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

Sometimes, it may be useful to reflect back some of the old post in SS.

Take this for example in 2012
    Logan LGA Vs NSW 2770 - Somersoft Property Investment Forums

4114 vs 2770, entry cost were similar. 2770 probably be 25-50k more.

If you bought 4114, you made 50-100k
    If you bought 2770, you made 200k

moral: timing and luck is key

8. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

Timing is generally a factor of circumstances.
    Luck is result of ignorance paying off in your favour.

ashish1137 likes this.
  9. JTR

JTR Well-Known Member

Tom Rivera likes this.