QLD Logan Central, Kingston & Woodridge vs Slacks Creek

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Shawn, 15th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Shawn

Shawn Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice Northy.

Not happy to go any higher, to be honest. The agent did get me to bump my offer up $5K prior to signing a contract.

2. Northy85

Northy85 Well-Known Member

Plenty of fish in the sea, if they stuff you around then

3. David Shih

David Shih Mortgage Broker Business Member

Is the property open for inspection tomorrow? If so then there may be a chance the agent will come back on Monday suggesting a higher offer in play. Depends a bit on the agent I guess.

Which is why one of my strategy is to be honest and upfront and tell the agent you're very keen to get it under contract before Saturday. I was lucky to get one with that strategy when market is not too hot. But having said that the agent may use that to his advantage to try fork out more from you, so you need to set a limit to the price you're willing to pay and stick with it.

Yes there are still plenty of fish in the sea. If the numbers don't work out, then move on.

4. Debz

Debz Active Member

Well last year i was looking at properties in Woodridge, Kingston, Slackscreek and in the end ended up buying across the fwy in Springwood. Gave up contract on 7+% yielding property for a bigger block, simpler house with value add potential (and now secondary dwelling potential), in a very convenient location to transport, shopping and John Paul College. Only has 5+% yield but all the things mentioned in this thread about the other areas i have considered and in the end the extra yield wasn't worth it in my opinion. It all comes down to your risk profile and your sleep at night factor.

5. Shawn

Shawn Well-Known Member

I am now under contract on the property.
    Fun times!
    Let's hope it works out!!

Gockie likes this.