QLD LOGAN 2022

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by DavidDavid, 1st Jan, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. DavidDavid

DavidDavid Well-Known Member

I live in the Gold Coast and Loganholme is only 23 min from where I live. I guess buying a property from interstate into QLD it would be so much harder and so much more costly if agents needs to be hired....
    Based on my experience would be best to take some time off work if interstate and move into Logan where a person roughly intend to buy and do some ground work research personally... Once someone find the right property finalizing the payment can be done from interstate.... Even waiting a possible tenant that needs to be evicted can be done from interstate as generally the seller's agent take care of it if written in the contract. So buyers needs to make sure they don't buy the bad tenant with the house like I risked on doing.... They lied to me at the beginning saying the tenant was good and paid rent always on time so I was ok to leave him in the house but I fund out who was the rental agent and went to ask directly to them and a different story emerged.... After I asked the selling agent to update the contract agreement to add the eviction of the tenant to be achieved before settlement date which eventually was extended several time for several months. On each extension I could have withdraw from the contract as-well as I had to agree to it and so worked like some kind of insurance for me but value was soaring so I continued with the purchase...

Last edited: 30th Jun, 2022
    Dream2win likes this.
  2. DavidDavid

Loganholme House Median Price went up again nearly 7% this month of June report compared last month.
    20220701_181107.jpg

Last edited: 1st Jul, 2022
  3. Sheldrick

Sheldrick Well-Known Member

Thoughts on Daisy Hill as a PPOR?

4. southern-investor

southern-investor Well-Known Member

Daisy Hill is a SUPERB suburb for a PPOR. There are some VERY rich ppl that live there and some of those houses are very grand homes. Its nice and leafy as well which I absolutely love.

5. Sheldrick

Thanks any particular areas of Daisy Hill that you would recommend or areas I should avoid?

I'm thinking of something close to low 600k or below if possible. Happy to go with a smaller block as a sacrifice and less rooms (even 2 bedrooms is fine). House doesn't need to be super new or nice but ideally it'd require not alot of work before moving in.

Thinking of potentially buying next year

6. southern-investor

There is no area of Daisy Hill to avoid. Daisy hill is getting very very expensive. Something like this is almost $1M and it would still need some TLC.

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-daisy+hill-139599463

If your good with your hands and can fix basic things around the house buy the crappiest house in the area that has a solid foundation. Solid brick veneer home and start renovating it yourself slowly whilst you live there. That is what I would do.

7. Sheldrick

I'm definitely not handy unfortunately!

8. Sandon

Sandon Well-Known Member

9. Nicholass11

Nicholass11 Member

10. DOSHman

DOSHman Well-Known Member

craigc likes this.
  11. southern-investor

Yep I'm noticing that as well. I think at this price point though there is still tremendous value that is why these cheaper sub $600k houses are selling very well.

I think for any FHB or first time investor a nice brick veneer home around $500k-$550k you cant really go wrong long term.

Rove likes this.
  12. frankjeager

frankjeager Well-Known Member

this thread has slowed right down, wonder if any correlation to logan market ...

13. sash

sash Well-Known Member

The number of people at opens has dropped off as expected.

Price are off 5% already according to agents. I reckon another 10% is on the cards. So the 580k house maybe worth 500k in another year.

frankjeager and Rove like this.
  14. DavidDavid

Nothing is off my friend. Still achieving top sells in Logan as prices are still well below average for Brisbane. I noticed a little less sells atm but 3 increases in rates had to be expected. Nobody is discounting properties for you to vulture in don't worry... Houses cost money to buy and especially to build if soneone can still find building materials that is. We understood u want market to cone down as you already sold ur properties but is not going to happen my friend in QLD. I see it very hard. Probably very expensive properties might come down a little but not already super cheap properties in Logan. LOL 10%.... You are dreaming..... I will post you some link of properties sold recently for top dollars.... Nobody is discounting anything in Logan. Vultures always be vultures lol......

Corkey likes this.
  15. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Let's see David. Ask people like @frankjeager .

Time will tell. Things are going quiet everywhere not just Qld.

frankjeager likes this.
  16. Blueskies

Blueskies Well-Known Member

Went to a first open at a house in Slacks creek yesterday, Probably half a dozen people through the house while I was there. I had chat with the agent about her thoughts on the market, she mentioned they have switched from an auction strategy to written offers on that particular house. She said so far there hasn't been any real discounting, and things are still selling reasonably quickly, but definitely the heat has come out of the market.

17. frankjeager

frankjeager Well-Known Member

yeah i must say sash, noticing a materiel slow down in new stock in greater logan, agents telling me similar in older stock too. this is not a knock on logan, its done well the last year and half, i personally saw about 65% growth there in that time. ive noticed some feel maybe offended by yourself simply saying you see a change coming, did they expect 30% growth per annum every year ?

18. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Yep 100% agree.

I have just accelerate my disposal process...with another about to go to market.

Who would have believe it... i might be positive about Sydney for the first time in many years. ;)

frankjeager likes this.
  19. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

Don't need to throw a stone in the pond.
    You do you.. they do them.
    This isn't a competition who is right or who is wrong. :p

20. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Hmmm... in plain english please?