QLD LOGAN 2021

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by balotelli14, 16th Feb, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
?

Best surbubs in Logan Council ?

1. acacia ridge

21 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Crestmead

40 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. Rochedale South

57 vote(s)
    33.9%
  4. Springwood

30 vote(s)
    17.9%
  5. Daisy Hill

27 vote(s)
    16.1%
  6. Shailer Park

11 vote(s)
    6.5%
  7. Woodridge

24 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

Do you know the exact number? $600s is still a strong price I'd say. Its updated and land on 600sqm so not bad. Hard to value houses now everything is just flying each week so the only comparables that would be relevant are ones sold within 2-3 weeks only. Hard to get these stats.

2. thunderstrike888

3. DavidDavid

DavidDavid Well-Known Member

What OO means?

4. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Very close to retail and noise from loganlea road.

Everything is high Ur right

5. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

603, or 607 or something

6. DavidDavid

Been looking at 3 Bed homes with over 600sqm land in Loganholme for the past 4 months. Loganholme the houses cost more then in Creastmead, if you see suburbs reports, and they get sold between 450k to 490k in good condition. Corner block for which I am interested tend to get sold to the higher price of this range while not corner blocks the lower. Tiled roof tend to add more value to the property then colorbond but some people argue this.... Colorbond we use it only for animal barns where I come from but it is cheap and light so will not go away anytime soon. Probably for that house I would pay 440-450k max but the fever is on and for sure someone would bit me out of auction and miss out as it is crazy right now....

7. thunderstrike888

In todays market probably best to go hard in the Auction and try to scare off some bidders. I had a good friend today win in Auction after probably going and losing out in more than 15 over the past few months. He got tired of it and trying to skimp and save $5k-$10k so he just went hard from the outset to his max and he got it. He did say he ended up paying $12k or so more than expected but the relief and feeling of the pressure lifted from your shoulders is worth it. Plus over 10+ years this amount is insignificant.

Strong price I'd say. $600s is not that cheap when you think about prices only 12 months ago. Amazing how fast things are moving and increasing in Logan. Off to the moon we go!!

DavidDavid likes this.
  8. DavidDavid

Yes you are right. If it is the house you really like better scare off people at auction in this crazy times going a little more then a little less. I personally despite colorbond though and pinewood frames so need to go with older homes that are constructed with roof tiles and Hardwood. Will last for eternity in normal condition and termites will break their teeth biting that wood. An heavier roof will imply "most possibly" a better foundation and a better overall frame to support it.... Most new homes they look really nice and modern but the material used tend to be abysmal. An older home with good materials can always been upgraded cosmetically. Easy to do. The structure and roof though....

9. commencing_my_journey21

commencing_my_journey21 Active Member

Gee whizz that is a lot Chris, how long ago did that happen to you? Cheers for sharing your story and yep I will keep my chin up and keep rolling with the punches.

10. commencing_my_journey21

commencing_my_journey21 Active Member

Thanks for doing that research and sharing DavidDavid, it's good to get some insight into their guides

DavidDavid likes this.
  11. momentum26

momentum26 Well-Known Member

Last edited: 16th Oct, 2021
  12. Arthurark

Arthurark Well-Known Member

Saying ‘under offer’ currently!

13. Harveys

Harveys Well-Known Member

Domain has my PPOR 200k above “on the house” and “property value” which are both corelogic numbers and probably under by 50-100k in the current market.

14. Chris Au

Chris Au Well-Known Member

Wow, certainly impressed someone to offer enough to secure it before the mayhem of an auction

15. thunderstrike888

Yep - I dont recall seeing that earlier?

In today climate for it to go under offer before the Auction it would have to be a VERY VERY strong offer. If I was the seller unless it was a stupid number I'd always want it to go to Auction especially in todays climate.

16. Truly Exotic

Truly Exotic Well-Known Member

17. Chris Au

Chris Au Well-Known Member

boganfromlogan likes this.
  18. DavidDavid

This is absolutely insane!! I would never expect this for a property in Logan.... WOW!! Finally people start to realize this area is highly undervalued....

boganfromlogan likes this.
  19. Tass

Tass Member

Hi,
    I’m interstate buyer. I have been reading this forum for a while, and finally I managed to secure a property. So I would like to share…During the past 5 weeks, I was making offer over 20 properties, attended 4 auctions in Marsden, Crestmead, Regent Park, Hilcrest, Loganlea. The market is soooo competitive. I’m nearly give up. Anyway, I manage to get one property from off market sale in Polyanna Court, Loganlea. 4/2/2 for 500k

Since Loganlea is close to train station. Some people said not so good @&@//;: and not many owner occupied live there. However, the property that I bought have the same tenant for 6 years.
    I would like to hear the thought from Local. Did I choose the right choice by buying near train station?
    I’m a bit worried of finding a good tenant? And will the property in Loganlea will have the same growth as other suburb in Logan?
    I’m just a bit worried as some of my Brisbane friend said I should not buy too close to train station because problem maker like to live there…
    Any advice on the street that I bought in Loganlea would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hamish84 likes this.
  20. Bob Matteri

Bob Matteri Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.