QLD LOGAN 2021

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by balotelli14, 16th Feb, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
?

Best surbubs in Logan Council ?

1. acacia ridge

21 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Crestmead

40 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. Rochedale South

57 vote(s)
    33.9%
  4. Springwood

30 vote(s)
    17.9%
  5. Daisy Hill

27 vote(s)
    16.1%
  6. Shailer Park

11 vote(s)
    6.5%
  7. Woodridge

24 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

If u are going to buy in 4114 that part of Logan Central is slightly better than some others.

Is there a better approach where u buy a house set up for single living and add value to make it dual living?

If u don't want to value add urself it seems OK. But only if u decided u want to buy in 4114 and need that high dual income return straight away.

Never giveup likes this.
  2. Truly Exotic

Truly Exotic Well-Known Member

ive noticed that even if you avoid the "bad" woodridge area and go central 4114 of logan central,

original 3bdrs arent fetching the dazzling prices of the surrounds , I would have predicted the central area to go up first

3. boganfromlogan

Well I think u have to look hard to find part of 4114 that might be re-rated. In my mind the best hope is northern edge of woodridge. Because it is closest to a different ( better) postcode. Maybe closest to Kuraby train station?

Does Logan central have a good outlook?

I can't see it. Opinion only.

Springwood yes, Loganlea yes, even Beenleigh.......

Disclaimer: I thought same about Eagleby.....was completely wrong!

4. Samj

Samj Well-Known Member

This area is not too bad. Property looks good and renovated. However, it's hard to find good tenants in this area who would look after the house. Looks like it's a common issue in Logan. May need a strict PM.

Never giveup likes this.
  5. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

Logan Central aint that bad for the money. There are some very very healthy prices being achieved here compared to only 12 months ago. Its rising along with pretty much ALL suburbs across Logan.

What are you using to gauge movement? If your solely using RE/Domain rolling medians they are out of whack and way way off as they take rolling medians over 12 months. Your best way is to pay close attention to real sale prices within the last few weeks. I'm seeing some very healthy numbers.

Do you have personal experience? There are heaps and heaps of guys on here including myself that have had the same tenant in our Logan homes for 10+ years. In one of my houses I think its his 15th year in this house. Perfect tenant you could not ask for anything more of this family.

6. boganfromlogan

Yes tenants are great in Logan from my experience. mine were very loyal during lockdown. Prioritised rent. Keep the place better than I did when I lived there.

jds881 likes this.
  7. Truly Exotic

admittedly, im not on the ground breathing the area, but here are some sales im gauging from

https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-qld-logan+central-135982450
    https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-qld-logan+central-135886222
    https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-qld-logan+central-135515190

8. thunderstrike888

If your not on the ground why are you looking at those kind of houses? To be those require at least 30-$50k in renovations some even more and unless your going to do them yourself well funds could blow out. These are cheap because they require a tonne of reno which means FHBs and remote state investors aren't interested or cant buy them due to them physically not being there and able to work on the houses.

Some nicer houses are selling for good money. The one on Ashton St for $326k was a good buy imho.

https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-qld-logan+central-136365198

https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-qld-logan+central-136271314

https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-qld-logan+central-136428938

9. Truly Exotic

im not looking to buy im keeping an eye, my observation is that , put those "run down" houses in the surrounding areas, and they ill obviously fetch more, but a lot more % wise, and you are right , these houses that require a lot of work generally turn off many FHO and investors

10. Harveys

Harveys Well-Known Member

Agree, if you can’t reno yourself why look at those property’s, but then if you can reno yourself why not look to other suburbs. Logan central plaza and station to me aren’t landmarks I would be excited to be buying next too.

The renovated highset dual set up is just lining the pockets of a savvier investor, not sure it’s a strategy I would be employing.

Surrounding suburbs higher OO area, brick lowset with built in garage on good land in a well presented street / suburb that I can dress up with a cosmetic reno is what I’d look for, next would be highset with potential to build under. When familys are priced out of gold coast and Bris Logan central will be the last to gentrify, if it ever does.

11. boganfromlogan

I guess the attraction of 4114 is those low purchase prices. I like to marry low price property with value to be added ( ie needs reno ) with good zoning. That makes more sense to me.

But cheap price might matter most to some ppl.

12. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

been watching 4114 while deciding what to do with my portfolio there

Looks like stock is moving but no boom as of yet. Looks like its coming out of the recession but still possible in high 2s (2015 prices) but hopefully 3xx becomes the starting price

This ones a nice flip though really doubt they would achieve that selling price

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-kingston-136753222

sold in poor shape around 4 months ago for 220k

13. thunderstrike888

Its actually a very good sign when you see houses like this fully renovated popping up in the area imho. It gentrifies the area and presents houses that are actually very nice looking at very affordable prices.

If I was a person making minimum wage this would probably be at the top of my budget range and I would not mind living in something like that myself.

14. boganfromlogan

Some areas adjacent to 4114 really booming.

Doubling price in 4 months impossible to achieve in most places!!

I know it's a reno but even so.

15. Shawn

Shawn Well-Known Member

It looks like a big job from the previous listing... suspect there was at least $100,000 in materials?
    Then again I am not a builder ..

16. boganfromlogan

Well. I didn't know there was business to be had spending 100k 9n materials in 4114!!

U would go broke.

Most renovations 20k, big ones 40. 100 plus labour ..... that would make sense in Rochedale S, but not 4114.

I am renovating, decent reno. Hoping for less than 15, maybe go to 20.

Edit: not 4114 tho

17. thunderstrike888

If the guy who did this flips for a living or is a builder and done alot of it himself he would be way below $100k. The kitchen/tiles etc....all look nice because they are brand new. They are probably ones from tile factory outlet and spares from a major unit construction which he got for 50c per square meter. Obviously none of the buyers would have a clue and would think he paid top dollar.

Same with the Kitchen. Basic flat pack assemble and tile that's it. Fence from Bunnings in a nice black paint etc etc....you get the drift.

Shiny new things != expensive things. But it hell makes the place look 1000x nicer.

craigc and boganfromlogan like this.
  18. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

There is no way thats a 100k job. Wouldn't be suprised if it was a smartly done 10k job (off course if your paying top dollar trades it goes upto 30-40k). think its about 80-100k overpriced . But if it sells for 400k im very happy

2 houses across the road sold for over 400k but they are lot larger (high sets with dual living etc). One I know had nearly 100k spent on it and the ex owner probably didn't do the smartest renos but he was doing it up as his PPOR so he didn't care and was suprised it was listed 12 months after he moved

boganfromlogan likes this.
  19. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

Honestly not the best part of Kingston, concentrated HC is very close and use the park next door. If it was me I'd go other side of the railway tracks and towards Marsden side of Kingston if I was on minimum wage and could drive.

20. Truly Exotic

Kingston, 15 Veryan Street | Harcourts Scenic | Harcourts
    Found the original

Nice Reno
    If it was a builder diy I think maybe 30k
    How much do those fences cost anyway? Looks good

boganfromlogan likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.