QLD LOGAN 2021

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by balotelli14, 16th Feb, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
?

Best surbubs in Logan Council ?

1. acacia ridge

21 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Crestmead

40 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. Rochedale South

57 vote(s)
    33.9%
  4. Springwood

30 vote(s)
    17.9%
  5. Daisy Hill

27 vote(s)
    16.1%
  6. Shailer Park

11 vote(s)
    6.5%
  7. Woodridge

24 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Well the Loganlea train station is a very very busy station, and is due for a major redevelopment so that would be my pick rather than trinder park, the dridge or beenleigh. I think Bethania is OK as well. The rail staff at Loganlea are excellent!!

There is more to Logan than 4114, and apparently West End is the crime capital now. What will Logan be like when ppl are forced out of Inner Bris due to prices? Family suburbs perhaps?

As much as i love Logan I wouldn't advise any female from hanging around the dridge - Or beenleigh either. Woodridge hasn't blossomed at all. But other places are doing OK.

Tom Rivera likes this.
  2. Sheshop

Sheshop Well-Known Member

Yes totally agree that Loganlea is the go to station. I remember back in the day we used to catch the train from beenleigh or woodridge etc to go into Tops in Queen Street. There's no way Id let my kids do that these days.
    I love Beenleigh for its historical charm and easy access but they're ruining that small town charm with mid/high rise apartment blocks sadly. It has great potential.
    Id also pick Loganholme as its still affordable and has potential for development in some sections and still great for families with local schools and access to transport.
    I'm in Cornubia and the prices here have gone through the roof despite the lack of great public transport but I also think people that live here are not necessarily the city working folk so it's not a factor when buying.

boganfromlogan likes this.
  3. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

For those that know Woodridge and Mount Druitt...is Woodridge much worse?

4. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

I recently bought a fridge from a guy in woodridge, he was a pensioner. Nice fridge, but that isn't the point. He took great care of his garden was friendly and a bit lonely and stuck in his life. When i think of woodridge i think of him.

If you drive through woodridge you see many black, brown and brindle faces on the streets, some happy (singing quite often), and some not so happy.

So there are poor people there.

The crime and misdemeanours are not the horrific ones that make the papers (by and large), but you can get your phone nicked easily.

Woodridge is not representative of Logan.

When i lived in Western Sydney in the late 80s, Mt Druitt was worse. I recall the razor wire around the primary schools day care. And it wasn't clear if that was to keep ppl in or keep ppl out. So I think Mt Druitt was worse.

My bro visited me in Loganlea and felt the suburb was equivalent to most of Adelaide. So i think Brisbanites might be a bit soft. We have warm blood and can't stand the cold or poverty.

Sunnyday and Blueskies like this.
  5. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

To be honest I would say its better.

But Mt Druitt has changed bigtime so comparing now vs now probably Mt Druitt edges it. When I first bought into Mt Druitt it was 100x worse than Woodridge I think. LOL

Thats what I keep saying there is ALOT of judgement on Logan but in reality its not even bad. To be honest I felt safe in every single suburb of Logan and I probably visited every single one when I was doing my due diligence still several years ago.

In saying that though I never felt scared in any suburb of Sydney either. Not a single bit. I grew up in the western suburbs of Sydney so I'm "hardened" you could say but seriously nothing to be scared about.

I ONLY once was worried and that was in Cabramatta in the 1990s. THAT was scary for me back in those days. Cabra is huge transformation and houses there are $1M+ plus everywhere now and its clean as a whistle now.

Actually in Detroit in the US I felt a bit worried in some strange neighbourhood I ended up in. LOL. Thought I was going to get shot. hahaha

Lacrim likes this.
  6. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

From a larger perspective Mt Druitt (or most of western Sydney is worse)

From a nuisance perspective Woodridge. More of an eyesore and self harm is probably a better way to put it. Petty crime may be worse in Woodridge

Lacrim likes this.
  7. icic

icic Well-Known Member

There were lots of talk about making Springwood into the city center of Logan a few years back, any one have any updates or insider info?
    Here's the master plan awhile back:
    Springwood Master Plan

8. thunderstrike888

I'm just thinking guys if you have any agents that could take photos of the crowds that turn up this weekend that would be great.

A broader view of different suburbs and the turnout in each would give us a great insight of how hot the Logan market is. I've got plenty of news that it is indeed on fire but I'm a visual man and like to see huge crowds lining up to open homes. Especially in Logan :)

I've requested some agents do this for me but I'm not that close to them so zero confidence they will do it.

Lacrim likes this.
  9. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Yeah US bad is on a diff level to Oz bad.

10. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Also Beenleigh to due to the train station and proximity to the Gold Coast and Brisbane CBD and motorway to Ipswich.

11. thunderstrike888

Did ANYONE go around today to open homes in Logan?

Please provide some feedback. Relying on guys to share what they are seeing on the ground. It would be much appreciated.

12. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

I think Logan auctions would be way more interesting than BCC. More akin to a bar fight I would think.

13. Alpacas

Alpacas Member

Woodridge is interesting. Full disclosure we had 2, now 1, property here. It has changed somewhat. Poverty evident- yes. Doesn’t have the gang vibe like western Sydney but I’m sure there are opportunistic criminals (including the council for their rate charges) around. When we re leased our property we had a lot more desirable people applying than what we did some years ago so hoping that’s a positive? I def think in the mid-long term there is money to be made. I would def be going for something with decent sized land for those opportunities in the future.

Never giveup, AlexT and Whitecat like this.
  14. thunderstrike888

^ I dont know about Woodridge but from feedback yesterday Logan is going gangbusters. Loganholme opens were PACKED yesterday is what my agent told me.

The prices are rising in pretty much areas where FHBs have a low entry point. Before you could buy 4/2/2 newish homes in areas like Crestmead for $350k or thereabouts.

Now you've got places like this that will sell for around $370k on smallish land and not even renovated.
    https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-crestmead-135257286

AND there is not a single 3 bedroom available that's under $300k. Even ones that need considerable amount of work are asking $320k+ now.

15. Rich2011

I'm selling three properties in Loganholme at the moment and a lot of buyers are coming from places like Springwood and Rochedale South. Buyers are falling over themselves to buy in Springwood and surrounding areas, prices have jumped up and the ripple effect is now well underway. Loganholme is still relatively affordable and its a nice suburb so it's currently seeing very high demand. Most properties are going under offer at the first open home if not prior.

I just sold a house in Loganholme to a lady downsizing from Cornubia, she's cashed out and bought basically down the road for half the price!

Next will be Woodridge and Slacks Creek, the last affordable suburbs with a train line and the closest of the cheapies to the city. Watch out for them!

16. Rich2011

Logan! Some houses "$100,000 to 200,000 more in 2 years"

Never giveup, jaybean, icic and 2 others like this.
  17. thunderstrike888

Excellent - those are the types of videos I like to see. Packed open homes in Logan yippeee!!!!

I knew these days would come just needed to be patient. Logan was and still is way undervalued compared to Sydney. Ppl compare Logan to Western Sydney - honestly though some areas of Logan are HEAPS better than Western Sydney. Even the less desirable Logan suburbs are better than Suburbs in Western Sydney that sell for $1M a pop. A brand newish house for $400-$450k in Logan on 500sqm+ is a dream for many especially migrants.

I'm a migrant myself and if I was just coming from my home country today I'd LOVE to live in Logan compared to what its like back home. Its honestly like heaven on earth. 90% of ppl dont know how good it is until you go to other countries.

I LOVE IT!!!

Last edited: 21st Feb, 2021
    Never giveup, Sunnyday, icic and 2 others like this.
  18. thunderstrike888

boganfromlogan likes this.
  19. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

One of my staff and two of my best friends are looking to buy along the M1 corridor at the moment.

One is trying to get halfway down the Gold Coast and likes Townhouse living, the only problem he's having is that he's a fussy bugger and cant pick anything. Plenty of stock and pricing seems reasonable.

One is looking on Western side of southern Logan around Beenleigh, Waterford, Bethania, etc. We've seen prices $50k+ up from a year ago AND 90%+ "under offer"- very annoying!

The last one wants Eastern Side of the highway.... has been offering $50-$100k more than what something would be worth a year ago and still missing out on everything!

Last edited: 23rd Feb, 2021
    Jmillar, icic, Mumbai and 3 others like this.
  20. icic

icic Well-Known Member

Wow! Both Channel 7 and Channel 9 doing their bit to bring more heat to the market. Amazing!

thunderstrike888 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.