QLD LOGAN 2021

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by balotelli14, 16th Feb, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
?

Best surbubs in Logan Council ?

1. acacia ridge

21 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Crestmead

40 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. Rochedale South

57 vote(s)
    33.9%
  4. Springwood

30 vote(s)
    17.9%
  5. Daisy Hill

27 vote(s)
    16.1%
  6. Shailer Park

11 vote(s)
    6.5%
  7. Woodridge

24 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. balotelli14

balotelli14 Active Member

Starting a logan 2021 thread given the interest in this area at the moment.

Some of my notable suburb based on my research for capital growth

1. Acacia Ridge - Disgustingly close to the CBD but I took a drive through here in Dec 2020 and I can easily see the reason for the price. I understand that Acacia Ridge is in the BCC as opposed to logan, but prices are comparable at the moment.
    2. Crestmead - Some new development in some area
    3. Rochedale South - Will the high prices in Rochedale spill into Rochedale South ???

Any more suburbs worth a look into? A poll is below.

My view is that Logan council area is split vertically by the Pacific Motorway/M1. The East of the highway is generally more desirable from what I have gathered during my visit in Dec 2020.

Also, I'm an investor in the Mt Druitt area here in Sydney, I have seen with my own eyes how quickly lower socioeconomic areas can move in prices. I'm starting to feel like logan is ripping up in a similar fashion.

2. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Hi balotelli, My kinda post! Thank you!

These are some potential additions to your list. Postcode 4131 (Meadowbrook and Loganlea) that are worth including. Also Beenleigh has some appeal for some ppl.

A left field area is Bethania!. On the train line, in a 'pocket' on the river.

You could also include Yarrabilba, cos you need somewhere to come last in your poll.

Although i am a fan of Rochedale South, i think the boat might have sailed on that one.

Quite a bit of interest in slacks creek also. Maybe that could be included.

Issue with Logan Council area is it is Soooo large and different.

3. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

Logan on fire!

I don't have a massive portfolio here but I do have a small investment in Logan. I've never ever seen Logan have this much interest in the last 15+ years.

Biggest council in the entire Brisbane and the biggest growth is happening here.

Nick T, MaryA and Never giveup like this.
  4. thunderstrike888

Here is a turnout last weekend in Logan. Its got more ppl than Sydney open homes. LOL

[​IMG]

Jaye Kershler likes this.
  5. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

6. thunderstrike888

What many dont realise is that people choose to live in Logan. Its got everything one needs. Plethora of shops, schools. transport and even work in Logan is plentiful.

Not to mention there are heaps of ppl that have family living there so they also choose to live there even though they have to travel to the CBD for work. I know several people in that situation that their entire family is there which they want to be close to.

I think the past 20 decade old stigma of Logan is going away. Last time I was there I met some very well educated and high earning income earners. They are exactly the same kind of ppl that you find in Castle Hill/Baulkham Hills who have been living out in the Hills Area of Sydney before it also became sought after.

The gentrification is well and truly started. Of course things take time and many ppl are still looking at Logan what it used to be like in the 80s and 90s. Its gone WAAAAAYYYY past that.

boganfromlogan likes this.
  7. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

I know one of the addresses very well
    Makes 2760 seem like Singapore (safety wise)

not bagging Logan - but 4114 is still (well from pre covid) not really a OO location

If im wrong then its music to my ears

8. Blueskies

Blueskies Well-Known Member

Where was that! I like what I see!

9. thunderstrike888

Beenleigh I believe. But from many other sources I have it was similar across many of the Logan suburbs.

I've got another picture of the turnout in Loganholme sent to me from another agent which I cant find. I will upload that as well. It was even more ppl than that.

Places like Marsden, Crestmead, Berrinba, Hillcrest also had very very healthy numbers of buyers. I'm going to ask all the agents I talk to to take pictures this weekend.

10. boganfromlogan

Whitecat likes this.
  11. balotelli14

Although i am a fan of Rochedale South, i think the boat might have sailed on that one.

12. balotelli14

Why do you think the boat has sailed on Rochedale ?

13. boganfromlogan

I like to look at transport as being criteria that positively impacts property in Bris. The previous announcement of busway extension through Rochedale South (and some hype about Springwood as a new Bris CBD) has led to the really interesting properties having experienced a bump in price. So before Rochedale was like 800K and Rochedale South 350 - 400K (maybe i am exagerating to make the point). But now many properties are over 500 and 600k.

There was a time when property adjacent to hte new bus terminal was still affordable, but not so much now.

So at least that boat has sailed.

RS is still good compared with R, just not quite as it was.

George Smiley likes this.
  14. boganfromlogan

15. boganfromlogan

16. Sheshop

Sheshop Well-Known Member

Im a born and raised Loganite. Stick to the Eastern side of the M1 for better capital growth. Maybe try Daisy Hill and Springwood if they are in your price point.

Frosty123 likes this.
  17. boganfromlogan

I think this advice really takes you to the places that have already appreciated. It would exclude places that are potentially going to be re-rated based on proximity to CBD and to employment. I cannot fathom Daisy Hill - is there prospects of development? But i can see why Springwood would be potentially a place to invest. But has the growth already happened?

The northern part of Slacks creek (north of Park Road) by comparison has that good old Logan price point, but is very close to CBD and other employment centres.

East of M1 doesn't have train links (although busway is something).

West of M1 has the train (yippee).

WreckalcitrantOG likes this.
  18. thunderstrike888

Damn Rochedale South is expensive now.

Logan is really picking up.

boganfromlogan likes this.
  19. boganfromlogan

Rochedale South really stands out for me in terms of somewhere that seems to be experiencing a bump in prices.

I thought the same might be happening in Meadowbrook (4131).

Anyone else seeing material jump in prices? Any specific suburbs?

20. Sheshop

Sheshop Well-Known Member

Sorry I thought the original post was best suburb as in livability and capital growth.

I think lots of people have hoped for the suburbs in postcode 4114 to "blossom" but it hasn't happened in my 41 years yet.

You'd have to be a braver person than me to stand on the platform at Woodridge station and even braver to park your car there.

There's a plan for Springwood that you can research via logan city council web page, it looks promising but I haven't seen too much action yet. There are currently busway works being carried out so maybe that's the first step?

Last edited: 17th Feb, 2021
    Jaye Kershler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.