Lodger Rental Agreement

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by Sidera, 10th May, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sidera

Sidera Member

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone's got a decent rental agreement for lodgers as I'm renting out my spare room and haven't been able to find a decent standard agreement that covers lodgers/boarders.

I know there's the standard tenancy agreement but they generally assume that the renter is staying on as a standard tenant and not a boarder and contain sections that aren't relevant.

Looking it up online generally gets me results on agreements drafted for UK properties for some reason. Nothing particular to Australia and the state websites for tenant/landlord related matters are useless because they only provide the standard tenant agreement while saying that it doesn't cover lodging arrangements.

2. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

I do but I'm not really that keen to hand it out publicly for free at the moment.

Really you could just come up with a 1 pager yourself covering the basics. Rent, parties, part of the dwelling rented, shared amenities, end date, etc.

Sidera likes this.
  3. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

4. Sidera

Sidera Member

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia