NSW Location or Land Size?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Klark Kent, 13th Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Klark Kent

Klark Kent Member

I've see lots of properties today,some in Lane Cove and some in Leppington...
    I think my budget can offer a apartment in Lane Cove or a house in Leppington,which is better ?
    My heart is being torn in two different directions.
    Any ideas welcome...

2. Cactus

Cactus Well-Known Member

There's no one size fits all. Opinions and ********s, everyone's got one b

legallyblonde likes this.
  3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Lane Cove is probably $20/day closer to work (more if you drive). That's an extra $ 400/month to your mortgage.

DaveM likes this.
  4. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Are you looking at them from an IP perspective or PPOR? If IP, its still not time to buy in Sydney. If PPOR, I think Lane Cove wins from a jobs perspective. Try renting a house in Leppington for 6 months... you might hate the daily commute so then it becomes an IP. I say this because a few years ago while working in the city my colleague at Amex bought down that way (Prestons to be exact). Even though the house was shiny and new, very soon she and her family moved out to a place they decided to rent - she couldn't stand the commute.

legallyblonde likes this.
  5. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

For PPOR? 50km out is bloody far if you're working in the city

6. Klark Kent

Klark Kent Member

Emm...the distance is a big problem if I live in Leppington, it's seems I don't have any other choices...many thanks, all of you.

7. legallyblonde

legallyblonde Well-Known Member

If it is PPOR I agree that you should try renting before commiting to such a long commute. I have a friend recently who works on one side of CBD and just moved to the other side... Her commute doubled... Less than 12 months later guess who wants to sell ;)

8. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

It really depends I guess. I do agree with what the other people said in regards to the IP V PPOR argument for the land or location. For me, I live in a shoebox apartment for my PPOR but my tenants like in a house with a backyard. I am so jealous because I wouldn't even change my old blinds and other things that require replacing, unless it is urgent.

My mentor did extremely well in buying land/houses in Prospect, Blacktown and other western suburb areas when he was told at the time that it sheer madness to buy multiple properties in those areas by 'experts'. Wonder who is laughing now?