Loan Servicing: Many cannot Qualify for what they have

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Terry_w, 30th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Did you just call the people on this forum turkeys? o_O

Okay, let's go with that then. As I continue to mention, Eagle finance and Turkey finance are two very different things, and yet you keep telling 'turkeys' all about your eagle finance like it's possible for the lessor resourced bird when it's not.

PS - pretty sure most people don't appreciate being referred to as turkeys.

Gypsyblood, House, skater and 3 others like this.
  2. Brady

Brady Well-Known Member

Hats off to you @sash you're doing well by the sounds.

This forum is extremely broker focused as though they're the be all and end all it's not the case.
    I know there are more and more options out there that aren't available to them.

But at the same time what you're achieving is far from realistic for the general forum.
    So whilst I say well done to you, I would also suggest you keep in mind that not all can do what you're doing.
    You have runs on the board...

Last edited: 14th Sep, 2017
    Jess Peletier likes this.
  3. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

Sash can I get the servicing rate you get as well? Is there a net worth or borrowing amount/income to be able to get that assessed rate of 6.89?

Brady likes this.
  4. sash

sash Well-Known Member

take it how you want....this is not an emotional argument...some are just not as good.

as someone else..i think it was @Brady ...pointed out there are other lenders...

Brady likes this.
  5. sash

sash Well-Known Member

yep there are other options....question is why are they promoting some of these products?

i get that i am not the norm....

6. sash

sash Well-Known Member

not really...i am also very detailed in how i presenty postion:

1. detailed assets and liabilites with loan amounts..interest rates...io period left...time left on loan...loan amount ...date property bought ....equity....fixed period etc.....and asset name

2. also provide a net cf statement detailing amount left over aftwr interest and expenses

Gypsyblood likes this.
  7. Corey Batt

Corey Batt Well-Known Member

What's the detailed info you give though - because that's what standard applications require?

tobe and Jess Peletier like this.
  8. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

"Anybody" can get an assessed rate of X if they can qualify to work with business banking with quite a few lenders.

Based on some recent actual examples, we have borrowers that have managed to get an apparent assessment rate well below 5 % from their retail business banker relationships.

ta
    rolf

Barny likes this.
  9. sash

sash Well-Known Member

so you actually go down to this detailed Corey...yep ....i have some high growth Davoren Park property to sell ya then....

10. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    Dude you do yourself no favours.... Fancy telling readers (or at the very least, implying to readers) that assessment rates of 6.89% are available via NAB. Its just not correct - see NAB policy below. And even if it were true- which it clearly isnt unless some sort of exception is made (such as for a high net worth borrower) you have also failed to account for LTI ratios introduced in recent months.

So while it may be the case that you are treated as an exception due to your status as a HNW borrower, please do get yourself accredited to write loans and then please do try getting that malarkey over the line for any of the regular mum and dad investors reading these forums .... you know, the ones who read your stuff and think its something they can apply to their circumstances.

Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 9.46.31 pm.png Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 9.47.19 pm.png

Jess Peletier likes this.
  11. Plutus

Plutus Well-Known Member

• Most people don't need $100k in retirement. I'd need some serious lifestyle inflation to warrant that
    • There are probably hundreds of thousands of people who will have $100k+ retirements. $2.5m at 4% should conservatively do that. Its a sizable chunk of change & more than I will probably bother accumulating before cashing out, but its not an impossible target. Over extend into an inner Sydney property, sit on it for a decade or two, done.

12. sash

sash Well-Known Member

If it was only that simple!

Most people are downsizing from say a $2m property to a $1.5m apartment. The gap between a house and 2-3 bedroom unit has closed significantly.

Most have about 500k in super. plus say another 200k in other investments...that leaves about 1.2m....and they are drawing down at 60k per year if they are lucky.

These people would be in the top 10% of retirees....

Cia and Perthguy like this.
  13. skater

skater Well-Known Member

That would be me! Sell a property that has had significant CG, replace it with something interstate that hasn't grown yet, and that rents out for a similar $ amount....add the cream from the NRAS on top for a few years. Then the excess from the sale goes into an offset gives the financial equivalent of a free house.
    Why thankyou Sash. Does this apply equally to Westies?

I suppose it all depends on your priorities, I guess, and whether or not you are debt free. Overseas holidays, car payments & mortgages can be expensive & some would eat through that $100k & say they are struggling.

We have no non-deductable debt, but we do like a good holiday. There's more coming in than we can spend at the moment, & that's not a bad place to be.

Plutus, Kassy and Jess Peletier like this.
  14. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Yep...especially Westies.......;)......don't ya luv it...nutin like a good bluey...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.