loan reduced - 170k

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by netmastan, 27th Nov, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. netmastan

netmastan New Member

Hi, I had two kids while I got pre approval home loan for 870k. The application just kept renewing. Then third baby came . I forgot to update. It kept renewing . Now I am interested to buy house seriously. This time Bank asked me how many kids do I have. I said 3. Now they reduced the home loan to 700k. For one child 170k? Should I try with different bank ? Will it effect my credit rating ?

2. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

You should speak with a broker about your situation, they can advise the best course of action.

Propertunity, wylie and Terry_w like this.
  3. ShireBoy

ShireBoy Well-Known Member

What time frame are we talking here? Last time I checked, kids don't come quickly. I think it's quite reasonable that the lending landscape has changed in the time it's taken you to reproduce lol.

4. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

pull your credit file

if the lend is above 80 lvr lots of enquiries may not end up working out well.

ta

rolf

Archaon likes this.
  5. Redom

Redom Mortgage Broker Business Plus Member

Something doesn't sound right.
    1 child with the same others income & expenses doesn't impact the calc that much. Over time there's been tax cuts, assessment rate drops, etc --> these changes should outweigh the impact of one child to your calcs.
    If there's been an INCOME drop associated with the child (e.g. someone taking time off, not working ,etc) - then that would explain a big drop in capacity.

6. netmastan

netmastan New Member

Thank you. Nothing has changed. One person asked me to start a new application in the same bank.

7. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

unless they are triplets the 3 kids were probably being born from about 2017 - lots of changes have happened since then

8. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

Pre-approvals last 3 months, usually with the option to extend for another 3 months. After that, it's a new application. Either the pre-approvals you've been getting are just the bankers opinion (not really a pre-approval), or your credit report has a lot of enquiries on it.

In the last 3 years there's been a lot of changes to lending policy, very little of it working in favour of your borrowing power. Each dependant reduces borrowing power further as well. If it's only dropped by $170k, then the household income has probably increased along the way.

ShireBoy likes this.