LNP shoved thru unapproved Adani approval

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lizzie, 14th May, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

The LNP Environment Minister pushed thru the approval for Adani, two days before the election was called, stating it had received final approval from the CSIRO.

Appears that was not quite correct - as the CSIRO come out today and say they did not give their tick of approval due to the lack of detail.

'The devil is in the detail': CSIRO was pushed to approve Adani water plans within hours

Labor will not comment on whether they will assess the approval again, after the election (if they win) - but suspect to withdraw would cost an absolute ******** of money to the taxpayer.

So, once again, a dodgy government has sold the future of Australia's soil/water health to a foreign company for a pittance in return - not even returning jobs, as the working mine will employ only around 1-1,500 (not the 10,000 initially promised) or less as automation kicks in

What we know about Adani's Carmichael coal mine project

2. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

Funny how our Environment Minsters own web page seems to miss the 4 years she spent working for a mining company but highlights that "Melissa believes Australia’s natural environment is one of our greatest assets"

Melissa Price MP, Federal Member for Durack > About Melissa > Biography

Yet the APH website shows she worked for Crossland Resources (open pit iron ore mine) as "Vice-President, Legal and Business Development, Crosslands Resources Ltd 2008-12"

Hon Melissa Price MP – Parliament of Australia

I'm not casting aspersions here at all, but it does concern me slightly that we have a minister for the environment that spent 4 years in a high level role at a mining company and elects to omit that from her own website?

3. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Doesn’t matter either way.

Qld State Government has not given approval, and never will, even though they won’t come straight out and say that - at least not before the election.
    Marg

4. TSK

TSK Well-Known Member

LNP might should they win a state election

5. TSK

TSK Well-Known Member

LNP have history on putting people in these positions. One of the commissioner of charity groups ...Gary grey or something is a classic example

6. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

That sounds like the ALP is dodgey too :eek:.

7. gman65

gman65 Well-Known Member

Worth a watch...

There is/will be very strong input from these groups with the ALP too, so I think both sides of parliament are equally complicit on how things are. Just happens I guess the LNP are the ones currently in power.

Propagate and Lizzie like this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia