Living in a van/campervan

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by Moist, 16th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. WestOz

WestOz Well-Known Member

Pipe dream for me (Many of them) has been to have an IP on a corner block (side entry) somewhere near my kids with large enough backyard (or paddock) to put in a divider fence, throw a granny flat on it (my base), enough room to park a motorhome or large van, come & go when I want at very min expense while getting IP income.
    Couldn't imagine not having a private base to have a break from parks etc.

luckystar likes this.
  2. luckystar

luckystar Well-Known Member

I know what your saying, I have 2 dual living properties and have another that I can convert. The benefits of dual living are awesome if set up properly.
    One day I hope to buy a super ppor with a massive section and put a gf far away in the corner and use that to pay the remainder of the mortgage or income

3. luckystar

luckystar Well-Known Member

I love my job but I hate the company I work for which is a really sad situation to be in unfortunately.

Today I quit my job and I'm going to spend some time overseas surfing and with my family abroad so I'm hoping no regrets.

It's hard to put the property accumulation on hold especially after 5 years of slogging it to get 4, but somewhere along the line you have to stop breathe and return to life to taste why it is we all do this

Coota9, ellejay, Moist and 1 other person like this.
  4. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Lot of people doing that,and if you target the free sites,then your travel costs become very low,and it is a lifestyle that is very hard to come home from once you get on the road,i have meet people living in cars too people who runs their businesses from large bus like mobile homes,and the one item you find they all have is most are happy with less..