Living Expenses

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Johann_, 1st Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia

You can buy decent little bluetooth speakers these days ... they will charge via USB and run for several hours. Some are seriously good for their size...others are only a little better than TV speakers

The luxury version-
    Paradigm® | Premium Wireless Series | PW 800 | Overview

The upper middle bogan version - Bose SoundTouch 30 Series III Wireless Music System (Black)

The cheap and cheerful version - Jawbone Mini Jambox Portable Speaker (Blue Diamond)

EN710 likes this.
  2. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Looking at the $0 for food on you monthly expenses, you haven't taken your wife out to dinner for a while? ;)
    Edit: ah, entertainment. Good man.

SirDingo likes this.
  3. Plutus

Plutus Well-Known Member

$0 on clothes
    $0 on toiletries
    YUCK
    $0 on gifts, no kids?

4. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

And no wedding/birthday invites.

SirDingo likes this.
  5. Newyproperty

Newyproperty Well-Known Member

Cost me about 6-7k every month but sometimes 9-10k

PPOR 1200
    IP 2100
    Cars 1400
    Petrol 400
    Food 1000
    Phones and Internet 280
    health insurance 260

That's over 6k just there

Plus a bunch of stuff... It adds up quick

6. SirDingo

SirDingo Well-Known Member

Nope, no kids. Toiletries etc, are covered under contract per 'living allowance'. :)

Nope. As mentioned earlier, we live overseas, so we're pretty much off the hook when it comes to that sort of thing ;)

Plutus likes this.
  7. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

8. euro73

Im going to assume your idea of good sound and my idea of good sound are quite a ways apart :)

Dan Donoghue likes this.
  9. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

I have a small Sony, has NFC too, great sound from such a small speaker, it also has a mic etc so it doubles as a bluetooth speaker phone & works as well as my bluenant car system. Cannot remember cost, but modest.

10. Plutus

Plutus Well-Known Member

I've got a sony SRS-X33 as my mini bluetooth speaker. Its got a 12 hour battery life so good for when outdoors etc. Its not remotely "audiophile" listening (I've got decent headphones for that) and wouldn't be loud enough for a party, but its good for background ambience, podcasts, etc.

11. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

I got a target job, Moki Bass Barrel Bluetooth BassBarrel Speaker It's not the greatest speaker on the planet but it will do, you can also plug a usb cable in to charge your device from it's battery (thats what swayed my purchase, ideal when camping)

12. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Possibly, but I don't judge sound quality based on price either. I've heard some good cheap stuff, and some mediocre expensive stuff. And also some very crap cheap stuff of course.

13. euro73

Nor do I... but there isnt any point any of us pretending that sound quality comes free.

You have to spend at least a little bit of money to get something beyond very basic.

I personally don't see much value in these tiny bluetooth speakers... but thats because I already have a Cat 6 fully networked home , multiple NAS devices, and each screen in my home has an Apple TV and PS3 and 5.1 surround., so I have a complete multi room DLNA or Airplay network for music and video streaming - all sounds very fancy but it's really just a $100 Apple TV Box in each room that makes it all possible, when it comes down to it.

For those looking for a better experience from their TV speakers AND the ability to stream music , I'd have a look at the soundbar market. LG and Samsung and Sony and Polk Audio and JBL and Paradigm etc do some pretty cool soundbar stuff these days where you can really improve your TV sound and use also use the device for music via bluetooth. For @ the $500ish mark for the reasonably good quality ones, its a far cheaper alternative than real surround sound with an AVR and speakers.

Last edited: 5th May, 2016