ASX Shares Livetiles LVT Whats everyone opinion

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by bfhoon, 19th Sep, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. bfhoon

bfhoon Active Member

Hi Everyone

Wondering what everyones opinion is on Livetiles. I have been monitoring this stock for a while now and it doesnt seem to move to much looks like they are now raising more money to market their product and hopefully increase profit. I'm wondering if now is a good time to buy the whole Artificial Intelligence market has me interested but I guess it all comes down to how the company is run and how successful it ends up being. Going off their chart not much has really happened with the share price for a long while which is concerning.

Another one I was watching a few years ago was afterpay and I can honestly say I wish I had the balls to buy a chunck of shares back then but I didn't.

Thanks

Froxy likes this.
  2. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

I am in. I think it is worth taking a position in. there is a risk of loosing a little. I think there is a greater risk of missing out on a lot if your position is out, and the projected 58% annual compound revenue is realized. I don't like how it is reliant on Microsoft, could be a blessing , or a curse if Microsoft dump it. I would be happier about it if retention rate was a little higher the retention rate isn't as high as some other SaaS companies, but I guess if it was the high EV (enterprise value) would be more extreme. I like how the founders have lots of skin in the company 32%, its scalable capital light business model with high gross margins (95%) that will allow reinvestment for growth.

Froxy and ms420 like this.
  3. bfhoon

bfhoon Active Member

Yes im thinking the same thing with the owners owning a high proportion of the shares. Only thing that worries me is the chart and its past performance my thinking is now they are raising capital to hopefully push the product and gain a wider market share as their current customer base is pretty dismal. I'm not a huge fan of microsoft as in this day and age they seem to be beaten by quite alot of other tech savvy customers. I mean look at apple I was never an apple fan but they have now dominated over microsoft for many years now. If microsoft can manage to turn that around it could be a different story. Its an interesting one and Im thinking of dropping some funds into it. I read a while back they were looking into AI for the automotive industry which is also quite interesting but not sure if they are heading in this direction still cant find any current news on it. Im a neewbie investor so will be watching this one closely.

Another interesting one I have been watching is Coles apparently now they are offering a dividend and when they floated their price was a bit cheaper than what it is currently valued at.

4. ms420

ms420 Well-Known Member

1. Don’t go by price performance

2. I owned this company and sold it recently with the rest of my portfolio after the trade war and potential recession. Otherwise nothing wrong with the company

3. The company has not limited to one product but leveraging AI to deliver to multiple industries

4. Nothing wrong with dependency on MS- that is helping it go places

5. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

I think it is a danger being too dependent on MS. MS could develop its own rival software or choose not to support it another upstart could best LVT, Microsoft will have no qualms about supporting a partner that gives it the best outcome.

6. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

I wouldn't waste time worrying about the chart 20c difference is nothing. If it is worth investing in. It is either worth buying or it isn't Base your investing on $ weighting not what in the future will be insignificant price movements. They have a growing customer base but the good thing about LVTis the ARR annual recurring revenue per customer. It is gone from about 10k to 40k. Growing revenue can make purchase price look cheap whether itis 50c or $1

Froxy likes this.
  7. bobbyj

bobbyj Well-Known Member

I thought it's a bit of a dog stock. Motley Fool are plugging it hard, almost too hard.
    I've held the stock for 2 years and seen it go from $0.40 up to $0.85 then just hover between $0.28 to $0.40.

I've sold out but will keep my eye on it. Despite rising ARR's then net loss was over $40mil so it may continue to leak until it eventually runs a profit. Until then I don't expect the SP to rise meaningfully and it will remain a highly speculative stock until they consistently produce profits (i'll hopefully buy in at that stage)

8. TSK

TSK Well-Known Member

isn’t this just a spin on portlets in a portal. Sure drag and drop but the intranet market is fickle and let’s be honest, businesses see it as a cost rather than revenue generating, maybe efficiently gains to be had in KM but having a whiz bang ui means stuff all if you don’t have a culture of knowledge sharing. Getting on board with MS is smart though, 0365 is were it’s all going for business.

charttv likes this.