NSW Liverpool university campus presence is increasing with UOW UWS is now near completed. 9500 student

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Illusivedreams, 23rd Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Illusivedreams

Illusivedreams Well-Known Member

2 Universities are increasing presence in SW Sydney (Liverpool) area

1 UWS
    2 UOW

UWS campus is almost complete . I met a program head who said they are moving into lower part of campus building within 4-8 weeks.

Total capacity 2500 students
    Liverpool City Campus | Western Sydney University
    [​IMG]

UOW
    Is under construction with university currently leasing space from Livperool city council.
    Once completed will house 7000 students.

[​IMG]

South Western Sydney Campus

2. Illusivedreams

I feel this many students will 100% change type of property use in area and density.
    Living around Kensington (UNSW) area Students played a large roll in housing stock.

Im also thinking cafes and bars locally will benefit from this type of student population moving in.

Curious to see if other universities will follow.

3. Peppas

Peppas Well-Known Member

Not sure these are full uni campuses, more satellite campuses? Less services, more of a transient student population I am guessing. There is a bit of an oversupply of apartments at the moment so that could help demand.

Wollongong Uni has had a Loftus campus for years (plus a Dubai campus), be interesting to see how this one goes.

4. Wukong

Wukong Well-Known Member

Definitely good news for Liverpool/ Western Sydney. It’ll clean up the place.

The park next to the hospital actually looks really decent now with a lot of families and children playing. It was previously so dark and dodgy.

Mumma_K and ndpjai like this.
  5. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Still a lot of street walkers plying their trade around Goulburn St and the highway. I recently picked up a friend from the station at Warwick Farm and we were amazed how many there were.

Authorities should clean the place up.

Can be embarrassing when they wave at you as you drive by and pretend to know you.

6. Wukong

Wukong Well-Known Member

@datton one generation to clean them up!

datto likes this.
  7. HGM

HGM Well-Known Member

Apples and oranges. Or rather: apples and peas. UNSW has more than 40,000 students, many based in local halls of residence, and has been there for more than half a century....

8. Illusivedreams

UNSW is esteblished and starting to be limited by space hence going across the road.
    I spent over 5 years at this campus.
    But to answer your question /statement this is almost 1/4 of UNSWs population moving into previously vacant area.

So these 10,000 students would not be their had it not been for this new Campuses.

I also say this maybe be a start. Of shift and may attract other universities coming into area.

Miller Tafe. Campus is only 5/6 minutes drive up the Road.

9. Illusivedreams

Ps are you always so negative?

:)

10. HGM

HGM Well-Known Member

No. Unlike you, I'm not pre-programmed to be positive or negative. Just think the comparison between Liverpool and Kensington is a bit far-fetched: a bit like Melburnians mentioning St. Kilda when Sydneysiders talk about beaches...

11. Illusivedreams

Im not pre-programmed for anything.
    Im extremely excited for the Liverpool area as I work. Around the corner and see 10,000 students as positive for local economy.

If you don' t think this is the case sure its OK.

But such a positive result as 10,000 students studying in Liverpool CBD will do wonders for local businesses. I'm Excited as i believe nicer cafes will open maybe bars will tidy up to appeal to the newly arrived demographic
    Don't. Forget 500 teaching staff as well.

For people that didn't know this was happening it may come. As news.

Maybe even good

12. Illusivedreams

Spoke to a teacher re UWS Liverpool and she said almost their . Looks like winter.
    Website confirms this .

Im hopeful with Universities moving in the cafe life/culture will move a little bit more in. Displacing a some of the undesirable drunks from the area. :) Ok wishful thinking

The School of Nursing and Midwifery is offering the Bachelor of Nursing, Bachelor of Nursing (Advanced) and Bachelor of Nursing (Graduate Entry) at the new Liverpool City Campus from Autumn 2018. The new vertical campus will offer a wide range of student services including a library, state of the art nursing simulation facilities and technology enabled learning spaces.

13. MyDarlinghurst

MyDarlinghurst Well-Known Member

I wondered why "the wall" in Darlo is quiet these days:eek:

14. datto

datto Well-Known Member

True. I recently took a walk around there just out of curiosity and was amazed how quiet it was. I think I was accosted only twice. And that was when I was counting the fifties in my wallet.

15. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Taking one off the streets at a time?

datto likes this.
  16. serendip

serendip Well-Known Member

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia