Listing/CMS software for small agencies

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by SHA_2, 24th Jul, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Thoughts

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Already exists

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Awful idea

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SHA_2

SHA_2 New Member

Hello all, I'm an 18-year-old university student studying IT.

I'm looking for simple innovative software ideas in the realm of real estate. I've learned so far that this is a very busy industry and there's a lot already out there. I have a simple idea, and I'd love to get some feedback on it.

Problem:
    Let's imaging that I'm starting an agency. I need a website where I can list properties that I am selling, managing etc.. Approaching businesses that offer "web design" and "custom solutions" is (to my eyes at least) somewhat costly and time-consuming. If I were to start in real estate I'd definitely prefer an easier solution.

Solution:
    A simple, easy to use website that allows you to (on yourdomain.com):
    • Manage property listings.
    • Create custom pages.
    • Create blog posts.
    • Manipulate the default look/theme of your site.
    • Purchase a premade theme and apply it.
    Imagine a Wix but for real estate. The points I outlined above are black and white, I'm open to ideas.

2. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

There's already a few products out there that promise this like Eagle Software and REX, but they do have a whole lot of baggage that you take on alongside their templated website.

I guess the issue would be ensuring that you were able to make enough money out of it to make it worthwhile. You'd have to be very cheap to secure clients over existing web developers or platforms.

3. PropDir

PropDir Well-Known Member Business Member

Hi SHA - are you referring to a solution specifically for real estate agencies?