Listed Price vs Final Price

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by KTJH, 2nd Mar, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. KTJH

KTJH Well-Known Member

I'm currently on the lookout for a new build so I've been in contact with a few developers.
    After receiving the brochure of the price breakdown, I tend to go back on Realestate and search for mock-up new builds by the same land vendor, and their prices seem to always be $20-40k lower.

Is this a form of clickbait to underquote a new build or am I being ripped off by a developer?

Apologies I am still very new to the world of IPs. From my understanding, I will be doing 2 separate contracts - 1 for the land settlement and 1 for the builder.
    I'm just curious as to how to benchmark a good quality build at a good price?

Last edited: 2nd Mar, 2021
  2. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

Different builders charge different rates and also depends on what's included in the total build cost, unless you can see the build contract on Real Estate you don't know what's what and if you're comparing apples to oranges.

Last edited: 2nd Mar, 2021

We provide our clients with the opportunity to select their own investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities. We provide the research to ensure your selections will achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.