LIC & LIT Listed Investment Companies (LICs) 2020

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by RogTheBear, 1st Jan, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Intrigued_again

Intrigued_again Well-Known Member

Not to mention the effect of being able to set the price you pay for the shares rather than paying at the market. There is always someone keen to protect their capital.

2. PandS

PandS Well-Known Member

there are a lot of mis understanding on some of the market instruments, if you understand and know how to do use it well you can do REALLY well.

When I first read into options, it is a frickin messed, what all this stuff about time decay, strike price and put and call it all sound like a whole lot of **** :)

but I persist and applied some scenario to stock holding and said this could work if I could manage this risk and have the cash, so I tried a few cheapies contract confined to small exposure and see how thing pans out and the rest is history.

I am fairly conservative with my writing, I usually write way out of the money and get less premium so if it does catch a run or a large fall I am cushion and may even made money on good capital gain because of that brief panic of time and the options is assigned

3. PandS

PandS Well-Known Member

Best one for me CBA naked put strike $71 bucks, got assigned during the whole RC process
    pocket the premium, pocket the dividend and pocket the capital gain, a hat trick

4. KayTea

KayTea Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, neither sport has any income-earning potential (just income-sucking). But she's keeping active and I'd rather that than spending all day, everyday, attached to a device or a screen.

pippen likes this.
  5. KayTea

KayTea Well-Known Member

Yep - couldn't agree more. She took a year off one of them ("lost the passion", I was told) but got back into it the following year. I just wish the local hospital offered frequent flyer/rewards points - over the last 2 years, through 3 different sports, we've end up with a plaster cast or moon boot on each of her 4 limbs. I'd already said 2020 has to be injury free, as she's run out of appendages :eek:

wilso8948 and pippen like this.
  6. rizzle

rizzle Well-Known Member

Roller/ice hockey?
    Motorcross?
    Equestrian?

7. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I don't know about Motorcross or Equestrian events......but hockey is rather cheap in comparison to Figure (Ice) or Artistic (Roller) Skating. We had 4 family members competing A grade. Huge, huge money.

8. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Having a coffee now plus bacon and eggs. Yum. Eggs close enough to chicken for ya @pippen?

So all that time and effort not to mention money put into trading courses means you didn't learn to read? No wonder you're struggling?! He he.

pippen likes this.
  9. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

That morning was a shocker in general, seemed to be brain dead as well as blind. Had the bandage contact lens removed from my operated eye afternoon before and resultant pain disrupted sleep. But regardless generally I’m stupid anyway:).

willair likes this.
  10. KayTea

KayTea Well-Known Member

Acrobatics, Irish dancing, and Sports Aerobics

11. Froxy

Froxy Well-Known Member

Irish dancing makes great money. Just ask Michael Flatley.

12. SatayKing

No way could that post get a *like". Post op isnt tge best sometimes. So lets hope it'll pass quickly and you make a full recovdry.

Nodrog likes this.
  13. Omnidragon

Omnidragon Well-Known Member

Single year
    Most funds are up 40-80% in 2019

14. Willy

Willy Well-Known Member

Where is that information coming from?

Willy

15. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Omnidragon,as i know nothing about ''LIC's'' but with the 40-80 percent in one year,is that from a very small number of Lic's and would it be possible to verify by providing some form of evidence or i may have read this wrong ..

16. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

17. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

I never pay attention to Best Fund Mgr of the Year stories. Waste of time. See SPIVA Fund Mgr vs index data below. Being the best Mgr in a given year seems as much about luck rather than skill. In next to no time this year’s winner becomes next year’s loser.

Small cap Mgrs have a bit more of a chance in beating the index but is that more about skill or is this anomaly due to the fact that ASX small end of market contains much more crap (eg spec miners) than other markets!

A9AB95E9-B3EE-4A18-BE95-C0BD57F807B7.jpeg

ChrisP73 and Anne11 like this.
  18. SatayKing

I haven't done any percentage calc but all I know is in 2019 my income increased over that in 2018. The rest is ... well, not sure although I do have a sneaking suspicion I can't pay my bills or the butcher with % calcs.

pippen and Anne11 like this.
  19. Omnidragon

Most top funds I should say. Was in an afr article few days earlier

20. Omnidragon

Don’t think the LICs are doing that. I don’t really want to comment on other people’s funds since defamation laws are fairly generous in this country. But read this article and look st the top performers

Australia's best fundies for 2019

willair likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.