Lino install plan

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Burramys, 15th Sep, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Burramys

Burramys Well-Known Member

I want to install some lino in an existing property - the current lino has worn out. A short list was reduced to one, and based on my plan the cost is reasonable. I paid a deposit, about 40%. I was at the property when the measuring bloke arrived, and he measured all rooms as I'll be putting in carpet when the current inmates leave. A few weeks later I got an email advising that I had to sign off the plans. Problem. The plans have a scale of 1:100, which does not allow much room for detail, and I simply cannot see which way is up. There's also something about the direction that the carpet runs (that's what it says) which also applies to rolls of lino. The dimensions are very unclear, small cramped writing, with half the dimensions written like
    Some dimensions are wrong. I've measured wall to wall, tiles or kickboard to skirting board, and tiles to bath. I've taken into account the wall thickness and where the current carpet-line join is located. I've measured several times and am accurate. I've supplied a proper 1:25 plan, usual architect's plan format. The lino people do not like this.

I've been asked to sign off the plans, and I'm struggling. The plan format is poor, and how am I to certify dimensions that are wrong and the direction of the roll? Not my area of expertise.

Is it usual for plans to be signed off, and what should be done to get things moving? TIA.