Education & Work Like my work. Hate my workplace.

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Tim86, 7th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

That's something I've neglected for some time now but it's all in the past and can only go forward. I used to have a colleague at work that used to always fish around for opportunities and even if he was in a dream job, he used to always check for other opportunities. He's the type that's almost middle age but loves to make sure that he has the newest gadget, so that he doesn't become obsolete.

Besides a new opportunity can be a good way to refresh and recharge for a new challenge and learn valuable skills. The grass can be greener on the other side!

2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Any idea what your ex-colleague is up to now, I'd like to know what happened since. I'd like to think he's gone onto better things.

3. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Def onto something better and I admire him always wanting to get better with his skills and knowledge. He could have rested on his laurels but decided not to do that.

Money isn't an issue for him because he's debt/ mortgage free and has been for the last 10 plus years, so hence why he can spurge on purchasing the latest toys and gadgets.

Gockie and Sackie like this.
  4. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Great to hear. And being mortgage free is very liberating... he would also know he wouldn't need to do a job he didn't want to do either because there isn't any huge money stress. Great situation. :)

Last edited: 24th Sep, 2017
    jins13 likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia