Lifestyle poll: Gold Coast vs Sunshine Coast

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Ouga, 28th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Which place would you prefer for lifestyle?

1. Gold Coast

8 vote(s)
    22.9%
  2. Sunshine Coast

25 vote(s)
    71.4%
  3. I am a local

9 vote(s)
    25.7%
  4. I am not a local

18 vote(s)
    51.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ouga

Ouga Well-Known Member

"Trying is the first step towards failure" Homer
    Hi guys,

A quick poll on what you would prefer in terms of lifestyle - as in living there, not investing - between the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast. For the locals, areas to compare would be say Sorrento for the GC and Minyama/Kawana for the SC.

Interested in any feedback from those with experience too!

Cheers

2. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

SC based only on a camping holiday 35 years ago.

Ouga likes this.
  3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Does that include the Fraser Coast? Hastings St did nothing for me but nor does the GC. They're both country towns/satellites of the bigger one in between.

4. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Where do I start!

Surfers - yuk, yuk and more yuk. The tourist strip at Maroochydore and Mooloolaba can be trashy sometimes. The rest? Nooice. We would move to the Sunshine Coast in a blink. We used to holiday at Caloundra every year for about twenty years in the olden days, so we are biased. Hubby's grandparents used to have a house on Golden Beach when he was a kid. The GC has lovely parts too, I am just more familiar with the SC. If it wasn't for our desire to be close to the Royal Children's Hospital when our son was young, we would have moved to Sunshine Beach about 25 years ago.

Cia, Toon and bob shovel like this.
  5. Ouga

Ouga Well-Known Member

"Trying is the first step towards failure" Homer
    Sunny coast ahead so far!
    Anyone else want to share their reasons? (Other than the investment related topic I have just seen about the sunny coast!)

6. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

sunny coast for sure!! more laid back, unvomited on area. although mooloolaba and co could be headed that way if they're not careful
    surfers kills GC for me! no plans ever going there again. along with byron, you can ditch that one too while we're at it.

Ouga likes this.
  7. JPS25

JPS25 Member

Sunshine Coast is far nicer to live than the Gold Coast any day but I am a local so biased. We looked at both when we first moved over from the UK and found the Gold Coast very tacky and touristy, Sunny Coast is far more the relaxed lifestyle and just nicer. Has a long way to go though as roads and transport really need upgrading.

Cia, Toon and Ouga like this.
  8. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

If we're talking just lifestyle then Sunny Coast by a country mile for me..

GC draws me down for the surfing and has pretty good employment opportunities now, but there is no way I could ever live there. In my opinion the whole area (from surfers down to cooly) is a cess pool of crime, drugs, alcohol fuelled violence and road rage.

WattleIdo, Toon and Ouga like this.
  9. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

If no school aged children then Burleigh on the Gold Coast. Local street has village feel and fairly stable population of business owners in there and you can feel like a part of the village pretty quickly (I had a weekender in Burleigh for years). Looked at moving there permanently but the primary schools were not great.

Jacque and Ouga like this.
  10. MJS1034

MJS1034 Well-Known Member

+1

11. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

If that is Sorrento in Victoria; it is not remotely close to similar to the GC.

Gold Coast is frizzy and tizzy, glamour and lacking class; the doyen of the bogan and average Joe....but still good fun

Sorrento is old money, class and conservatism, BMW's and Mercs, etc.

Last edited: 27th Aug, 2015
    KMD likes this.

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice