life coaching???

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by Ardi, 13th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ardi

Ardi Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Wondering peoples thoughts on life coaching? Particularly if anyone has done any courses themselves.

My wife is looking into doing a course through the coaching institute, sounds ok to me. But i am not sure how well this industry and training is goverened.

Cheers Ardi

2. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

I've done a weekend course and it was nearly life-changing for me. I applied to do a work-funded six-month course this year but I wasn't accepted.

3. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

What is a life coach?

4. Ardi

Ardi Well-Known Member

Thanks Bran, was that through the coaching institute?

5. Ardi

Ardi Well-Known Member

Basically someone that coaches people in making and meeting thier goals in life...

Terry_w likes this.
  6. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

No, it was corporate coaching with these guys: Accredited Coaching, Mentoring and Leadership Training (I've never clicked their website until now, nor knew what they offered).

Mine was really nothing more than a taster, and I didn't carry through the lessons with any repetition which is why I wanted more.

It was the first place I was introduced to mindfulness, reframing, and the concept of 'chunking up' to resolve conflicts etc.

Sackie and Ardi like this.
  7. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

There are some great concepts and theories in life coaching, however the best qualified people to help others are the ones that have achieved self mastery in their own lives, people who can observe themselves and others without judgement and people with a greater awareness level due to handling their own challenging life circumstances. There is no course that can teach you self awareness.

Jess Peletier and Ardi like this.
  8. Omnidragon

Omnidragon Well-Known Member

I think it's useful for some circumstances. If you already have the right mindset, probably not.

9. BKRinvesting

BKRinvesting Well-Known Member

My mum finished all the coaching institute courses. Her opinion on it was that the content was good but the organisation is run by a dodgy operator.
    If you are interested I am more than happy to see if she's happy to be contacted to provide more info,
    Just shoot me a PM if so.

Ardi likes this.