Libs Just Lost the Election with this Policy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sash, 2nd May, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I think the Libs have lost the plot...this is an election loser...with this policy

Awkward problem with Morrison’s sweetener

Here is how the public will perceive this:

1. Libs favour the rich....ie. opposition to Neg Gearing changes...now this tax cuts to so called "middle" income earners ..people earning over 80k due to bracket creep when they want to balance the budget? Huh?

2. Lack of clear policies...

3. The perception that they want to water down workers conditions

4. The public's change on immigration due to the Manus disaster and cover-ups

This is hilarious..I am not a fan of Bill Shorten...but with a Coalition has put forward free kick.

Me thinks that Labor might get in...and it will be interesting to see how Neg Gearing is affected. I anm not a fan of this policy for obvious reasons...

2. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Everyone gets a free kick..

3. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

Taking more and more from healthcare has also done it. Whether you have money or not you cannot avoid where and when you will have an emergency (as even Kerry Packer discovered) and the way the government is running down our national healthcare system we should all be screaming for them to stop.

Bran likes this.
  4. random

random Well-Known Member

Yeah l agree chilli , we;re lambs in this country and just let them lead us around,
    Their tax cuts are a joke, they just steel it from something else , like health , add more on something else and then turn us into the highest everything in the world, like howard did , hidden under so call tax cuts.
    lucky for them we're all pretty dumb l think.

Last edited: 2nd May, 2016
  5. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Yep...but people are selfish and worry only about themselves before it affects them.

Spot one.....we have the dumbest voters in world. The slight of hands going on is incredulous.

6. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Labor could win...if they keep their mouths shut!

Cactus likes this.
  7. Ouga

Ouga Well-Known Member

"Trying is the first step towards failure" Homer
    I can't help but giggle when I see people still believing in politicians, it's like still believing the Earth is flat.

Xenia, kierank and Sackie like this.
  8. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Bookmark this.......Labor will win the next election.

Turnbull is sabotaging the Libs.......Turnbull is a Labor man.

Don't laugh.

Perthguy likes this.
  9. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Well-Known Member

Democratic People's Republic of Australia
    My main concern with Labor isn't with negative gearing it's with them muddling with the capital gains tax, which would have much more profound effects on the property market.

As for employment it's ironic that Labor has the audacity to declare themselves as the workers party when unemployment has historically always been higher under Labor!!!

[​IMG]
    Since the September-quarter 1959 to the March-quarter 2015, the average unemployment during the conservative period’s of federal office is 4.57 per cent, whereas for the Australian Labor Party it has been 6.91 per cent. If we take out the full employment years (in this sample – 1959 to 1974 – the averages are 6.24 per cent (Conservatives) and 7.30 per cent (ALP).

10. LibGS

LibGS Well-Known Member

What a cool graph! I don't suppose you could also overlay let's say, global and local interest rates and oil prices. Just for laughs.

Cactus likes this.
  11. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Don't forget that Shorten is helping the Libs too: I saw somewhere that he said he was a "Union Man" - whatever that means.

datto likes this.
  12. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

You can make whatever you like of the stats. Eg. The average unemployment grew only 5.6% under Labor vs 36.5% under the conservatives (albeit from a very low base - 4.57%). Alternatively you could say that it didn't get much worse.

LibGS likes this.
  13. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

I know its going to be an interesting election when some of the Greens policy are making sense to me.

inertia and Chrispy like this.
  14. Guest

Guest Guest

Funny how everyone on here used to say a party introducing changes to negative gearing would be committing political suicide.

[​IMG]

15. emza

emza Well-Known Member

I dunno... you gotta have optimism sometimes.

I love universal healthcare. I know the system can be better but still, it's pretty damn good. Politicians who believed in this made it for me before I was even born and I'm thankful for them. I'm thankful they decided to build the Westgate Bridge. I'm thankful they built schools and cared about public education.

I still believe in politicians because I still believe in people. We haven't fallen into total corruption just yet. We don't have the daughters of politicians being the richest people in the country.

So yeah... I still believe because I think there are enough good people around to make a difference.

16. LibGS

LibGS Well-Known Member

The state is there because the free market would only cherry pick the good stuff. They would only provide healthcare for patients that are profitable, they would only provide good schools for parents who can provide them with profit, they would only build bridges in places that are profitable, they would only put in phone lines in cities, etc.

The state is there to take care of everybody. We live in the Commonwealth of Australia. Our government is entrusted to act for the common well being of all its citizens.

The question is, who acts for the good of all, in the short, middle and long term?

inertia, Angel and Skilled_Migrant like this.
  17. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

There is no long term..................

ta
    rolf

Bran and Jeah_ like this.
  18. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

Let labour just throw money they don't have at problems they created instead..

19. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

$100m turnover is small business??

20. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

hahahahah
    time to stop smoking that stuff @datto

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia