Liberal leadership challenge?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by geoffw, 20th Aug, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I personally don't like Jackie - but she stands up for what she feels is right for the people she represents, she isn't in it for power or money, and seems to have a good ethical base - even if some of them are misguided. Wish more of them felt the same.

Noobieboy and geoffw like this.
  2. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

No, it is not all the fault of all migrants, but many of the recent arrivals really do have no clue. And show no interest even after years of being here.

Now people can say what they want, but saying they are all engaged is as silly as saying the churches have larger followings these days.

3. dabbler

Sorry Lizzie, but I did not say you said anything.....

4. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Sorry - by quoting me and then saying this -
    - gave the impression that I was somehow implying there was an immigrant problem.

Just wanted to distance myself from that statement. In Australia, anyone who is not indigenous is a recent immigrant - the majority less than 80 years and two generations ago

Bill Aim High likes this.
  5. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

6. dabbler

All good.

You should know I hate political and or social correctness, so I bring myself closer to anything controversial, I can discuss anything and call, a spade a spade......

And it does not bother me if people even mistake what statement I made or make.....well, usually :):):)

7. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

tobe, Islay and willair like this.
  8. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

I just hope Mr---Abbott understands that most long---term politicians will be remembered for their worst mistakes and his mastery to control silence..

9. dabbler

Why not, seems they are all having a crack at getting the opposition elected....

But not ruling something out does not mean actively working now to take over....well, you would think not.

10. marmot

marmot Well-Known Member

Unfortunately come election time it will be heavily exploited by the other parties that the Liberal party room could easily change leaders again at a moments notice.
    Although a good thrashing and time in opposition might force them to address the issue.

11. dabbler

I do not believe that any of them are able to learn lessons, but Abott pushed this cart till the wheels came off. It would be a real long shot for him to ever become PM again & I do not think voters would go for it now as he is prob seen as part of the instability I would imagine....for any thinking voters anyway.

12. TAJ

TAJ Well-Known Member

I feel overall the general population are fed up with our so-called elected leaders. Selecting a party to vote for (that actually stands for something meaningful) is becoming a real dilemma.
    It all seems to be centered around self interest, as opposed to the betterment of society as a whole.

Lizzie likes this.
  13. dabbler

Yeah, but you watch this merry go round, as people put the Opposition back in again and again, no massive move elsewhere, like I said, most are not engaged, most think if they just vote somehow things will change.

14. Foxy Moron

Foxy Moron Well-Known Member

Just sayin is all.....

kierank likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.