Lexicon Quarter vs Casper White Quarter

Discussion in 'Styling & Decorating' started by hvdw87, 26th Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. hvdw87

hvdw87 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Has anyone had experience with these two colours in larger applications. I have painted a couple of A3 size samples through the house and finding it very difficult to distinguish between the two.

The only thing I have noticed is that during the evening with warm lighting, the Casper White Quarter appears to blend into our existing cream walls a bit more.

Appreciate your feedback/experiences.

2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Big fan of lexicon quarter, used it many times very happy with outcome

I think very slight cool blue/white. Hard to visually see this

3. hvdw87

hvdw87 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have also put Vivid White on the test walls and would have to say Lexicon Q would be my favourite. Not quite a stark.

4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I tried vivid white and way too stark for me. Its personal right??? What you like

5. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

The right choice can be vary a lot in regards to the style and age of the house, the amount of natural light (and if it's morning or afternoon light) and also personal taste.

Casper White is a warm white but at quarter strength it's a very subtle warmth. Lexicon Quarter is a very crisp white that is a cool white but not too cold and clinical.

When testing on walls if you can't undercoat then you'll need to make sure you do 2-3 coats to make sure it's the true colour and not the under layers coming through.

6. hvdw87

hvdw87 Well-Known Member

Hi Westminster,

Great points. I have put the samples with those differences in mind. In the north facing tiled are, all three colours stand out against the existing wall colours. In the south facing carpeted bedroom, the Casper White Quarter definitely blends in to the existing a little more.

One complication I have though is that the existing lighting in the house is poor. That is there are very few ceiling lights. We will be redoing this with new downlights throughout. Is there a consideration/recommendation for the lighting (warm/white) with regards to your desired paint colour?

7. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

hvdw87 likes this.
  8. hvdw87

hvdw87 Well-Known Member

Thanks!

This is for a PPOR but I still do not want to overcapitalise on lighting. Was thinking we would hardly use dimmable lights (got lots of lamps). So if that reduced costs I was going to avoid.

Is it just quality of the fitting impacting the price of those different lights?

PFI provide our clients with the opportunity to purchase an investment property, together with performing equity investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities some providing monthly income. This is the value of advice.