Cars & Motorbikes Let's talk cars...

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Barny, 8th May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. chylld

chylld Well-Known Member

I track and daily drive a Lotus Evora 400 :) I can go hammer to the floor all day without any noticeable heat soak or brake fade... just gotta keep the tank topped up.

Would be really interesting to see what sort of time the Roadster does on the ring... like you I'm not optimistic it'll be able to sustain full power for ~7 minutes straight.

2. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

hows the daily ? comfy ? only been in exige and elise.. and god aweful in public road/traffic lol.

3. chylld

chylld Well-Known Member

The Evora is in a totally different class compared to the Elise/Exige, you wouldn't think they're made by the same manufacturer. I have the occasional Exige loaner when I put my Evora in for service, and it's so raw, minimal and archaic compared to the Evora which feels like a luxury car in comparison. More than comfy enough as a daily driver, have driven to Wakefield in it several times with no fatigue at all. I would say it has about 80% of the refinement of my old BMW 4-series.

On track it's not as chuckable as an Exige, you really do notice the weight transfer in consecutive corners (e.g. turn 4 -> turn 5 at SMP) so you have to be smooth and plan your inputs slightly in advance to make the most of the tyres' grip. Still much sharper than most other cars though :)

4. LIDM

LIDM Well-Known Member

Yes they are very different beasts! I was always surprised to see that the Evora weighs ~1400kg, certainly it was not meant to be just a slightly bigger Elise.

5. chylld

chylld Well-Known Member

It does have rear seats after all :) They look uselessly small but it has taken 4 adults on a 15 minute trip with no complaints.

There is a heck of a lot of sound deadening too, I removed the rear seat on the weekend (for fun) and was surprised how much mass-loaded foam I found:

20171126_151448.jpg

6. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

nice nice nice....

7. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

The other day there was a RBT stand and I was waved away. I was driving my Golf GTI and this is about the 5th time since ownership which the NSW Police waved me away from undergoing a RBT. I be if I was driving my silvia, probably will receive a RBT plus couple of defect notification.

I call it car racism and demand equal rights.

8. chylld

chylld Well-Known Member

The last time I was waved into an RBT in my Lotus I was asked "is this your car?" o_O

Sackie likes this.
  9. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Did you have a drug search too? A friend of mine drives a Mercedes c63 and he gets searched. I call it an additional service.

10. chylld

chylld Well-Known Member

Nope they probably figure there's no room in a Lotus to carry anything :oops:

11. jim1964

jim1964 1941

bmc likes this.
  12. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

Car racism =Carcism? :D

jins13 likes this.
  13. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

I thought there was really no problem with race cars?

Some proud car owners have carcissism.

Phantom likes this.
  14. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

Davothegreat and jim1964 like this.
  15. bmc

bmc Well-Known Member

@James McIntyre
    underrated classic car.
    wasn't the RT quicker straight line than the GTHO PIII ?

i learnt to drive in my dads 265 hemi

jim1964 likes this.
  16. jim1964

jim1964 1941

17. bmc

bmc Well-Known Member

a pity they couldn't stop though.

saw a few make the make the Ford boys take notice at the old Castlereagh Dragstrip (Sydney), back in the day

18. Morgs

Morgs Well-Known Member Business Member

Looks like there are plenty of like minded revheads here and some great cars, good to see. Cars & motorsport are an absolute passion of mine!

Here are my two at the moment:
    - C63s AMG daily driver
    - Nissan 200sx track/weekender (well, maybe once a quarter!). Extensively modified with upward of 450rwkw (more than 700hp engine horsepower for those unacquainted with technical details!). I built it to be a completely understated street car all about performance but just don't use it enough so have listed it up for sale...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sackie, Lindsay_W, neK and 3 others like this.
  19. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

I just noticed the wheels are wrong on the timewarp 200SX! What's with the older wheel on the back?

P.S. When I'm down in Sydney next I'll be hitting you up for a lap... don't mind which!

20. Morgs

Morgs Well-Known Member Business Member

Always happy to mix passion for cars and property Tom!

I've gone for the stock / sleeper look with the stock rims up front. They're only 6.5" wide though so they're not wide enough to accommodate a decent size tyre on the rear. Hence the 300ZX rims on the rear are on first glance similar aesthetically and being 8" wide fit a 255/16 Mickey Thompson drag radial which provides traction. Anything less and it'll wheelspin under power in pretty much any gear! (4th @ 200km/h on road tyres was enough for me not to try any more down the main straight of SMSP!)

Here is a link to the advert (sorry, not intending to spam for sale all over the place but if anyone else interested...) https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Nissan-200SX-2001/SSE-AD-5049819/?Cr=0

Sackie, Phantom and Tom Rivera like this.