Cars & Motorbikes Let's talk cars... 2022

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Serveman, 1st Jan, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulF

paulF Well-Known Member

I ended up with a motorcycle barn find yesterday... She's older than me and even came with the original manual from 1982! It's a 1982 GS1100G (Shaftie with no chain)

She was stored on a farm in Bendigo for the past few years and I found out about her buy chance...

Seller was an absolute gentleman driving a couple of hours to deliver the bike to my house and was very honest about the mechanical state of the bike. Love dealing with people like that.

Needs a bit of work to get her road worthy but should be a great winter project now that the weather is turning sour!

20220513_115810.jpg

20220513_115837.jpg

Westminster, datto, bmc and 5 others like this.
  2. sharon

sharon Well-Known Member

Big A and Morgs like this.
  3. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

How funny. I swear we are in the process of designing a new build and looking at the pics in the link you posted it’s not too dissimilar to what we are doing.

No 9 car garage though. I did want to do a basement garage but it was going to blow the cost out. We ended up with a 4 car garage plus 2 car port. But the colour scheme with the black kitchen and black bench top is exactly the same. Even the pendent light in the pic are a similar style to what we want. Add in polished concrete floors to the ground floor and it’s a very similar style. The black marble splash back is what we might go with in the ensuite.

Problem is this build is costing an arm & a leg so I’ll have to wait a while to fill that garage with new cars.

Morgs, sharon, Stoffo and 1 other person like this.
  4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Oh its cummin baybe:cool:

Screenshot_20220523-095906_Gmail.jpg

paulF and Big A like this.
  5. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Exciting times. I ordered a X6M in November last year and it’s finally arriving at the dealership by end of week early next. Frustrating wait.

6. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Nice car! What color?

If I had to wait that long....I'd go crazy.

I literally decided on this car in 10 mins and made sure the wait would be less than 2 months otherwise I'd change cars...delayed gratification no more! I'm so impatient these days...:oops:

craigc and Big A like this.
  7. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Black on black on black. I rarely go any other colour than black. Longest wait I have had for a car was 14 months. And this was before the covid delays.

Sackie likes this.
  8. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Very elegant and sleek.

Me getting black too:)

Big A likes this.
  9. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Just picking up another one of my cars being repaired and spotted these 2 beauties in the maintenance basement.

20220523_153213.jpg
    20220523_153818.jpg

Lindsay_W, samiam, Propin and 3 others like this.
  10. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Nice. The first pic is a pretty rare and expensive McLaren. Its the McLaren Senna, might even be the GTR version. That's the hard core track version of a car that's already a pretty hard core track car.

Lindsay_W, craigc and Sackie like this.
  11. shorty

shorty Well-Known Member

That's awesome - what a find!

paulF likes this.
  12. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

upload_2022-5-24_17-8-22.png Hopefully the rebuilt s14 engine and upgrades will be in my Nissan s13 silvia next month. I've also asked my mechanic to tow the car to a panel beater to tidy up the engine bay, boot and panels.

I expect to drive it to Wisemans Ferry soon! View attachment 56303

Last edited: 24th May, 2022
    Propin, paulF, Sackie and 1 other person like this.
  13. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

Does anyone know anything about the AMG PS507 series? Are there any known problems with them? Do people feel they will depreciate further than where they're selling for now?

14. Properwin

Properwin Well-Known Member

15. Serveman

Serveman Well-Known Member

I just wanted to ask this question. With the way things are going with electric cars and possibly no new cars being allowed to be sold in ICE form at various timelines in the world, does this change your willingness to spend a lot of coin on old classics?
    For example right now a 1991 Australian delivered Nissan R32 GTR in top condition with low kays is well over 100k. We might find that in 8 years time you may not be able to drive these cars on our roads, or we may have to pay a high cost to do just that . For me the whole idea of owning a classic is to be able to enjoy them. If this will not be allowed, how will this affect the value of these cars and the classic car culture in general. Your favourite old car doesn’t even have to be exceptional. It could be an old Volvo 164 or 142 that you enjoy driving.

16. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

datto likes this.
  17. LIDM

LIDM Well-Known Member

haha does have some VP Berlina vibes
    [​IMG]

datto and Sackie like this.
  18. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

My SR engine rebuild list. It's been an interesting time with the granny flats, major reno, car rebuild and health too lol.
    upload_2022-6-9_8-29-58.png

upload_2022-6-9_8-30-19.png

19. paulF

paulF Well-Known Member

How you finding sourcing parts out these days?

20. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

A pain in the ass but l've been fortunte as my mechanic is doing everything. As these cars are getting older, there are less parts and really inflated prices for some items. I honestly think it's easier to buy an IP than sourcing some JDM parts.

paulF likes this.

Price Accounting are a leading tax service for your property + tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI for property focussed tax services using our client portal access, digital signing and checklist based approach for best pricing. Free client pack included.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.