Cars & Motorbikes Let's talk cars... 2021

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by dunno, 9th Jan, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Truly Exotic

Truly Exotic Well-Known Member

Your Mazda ate a tree!

Or it didn't spit out the watermelon seeds

craigc likes this.
  2. Truly Exotic

Truly Exotic Well-Known Member

So can you basically walk into any main stream Toyota , Mazda, Suzuki dealer pay sticker price , wait the 6 month waiting period and get your car?

inertia likes this.
  3. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Depends on the car - some are 12 months.....

If you don't want to wait, you can pick up a demo for the price of a new one.... o_O

The Y-man

Edit: having said that, seems to be plenty of Maz3 and CX-3's in stock!

4. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

i recently sold our GH mazda 6 wagon, solid car!!!! had it for 5 and half years i highly recommend a GH mazda, so reliable!!!!

5. craigc

craigc Well-Known Member

Although not cars - I heard this morning that a couple of (heavy) commercial are closing their order books for 2022!
    That’s right, minimum 16 month wait for a new truck.

The Y-man likes this.
  6. Car tart

Car tart Well-Known Member

B522C86C-4EF6-4C92-B947-EC821E84F487.jpeg Try getting a confirmed date for a GMSV corvette. Possibly as early as 2024! But no guarantees. There are 4 delivered per year to each dealer in Australia. I’m happy to pay $20k above the market price and that’s chicken feed compared to what others are offering to get an early delivery.

craigc and Truly Exotic like this.
  7. The Prestige

The Prestige Well-Known Member

getting the ZR1?

8. Serveman

Serveman Well-Known Member

The 400z shouldn’t be too far away for Australian release. If it’s priced correctly it will be a winner for Z car fans and sports car lovers.

craigc likes this.
  9. Clean Cookie

Clean Cookie Well-Known Member

Decided I needed another 2 door car in the garage. This brings it to 4. We're going to sell the amazing mk6 diesel golf which has done 100k in 5 years and I've replaced the alternator, one coolant hose (diesel leaked and swelled it!) and tightened loose diesel fitting. Blew 2 sets of headlights but upgraded to led and fine ever since... Towed 2.5t of concrete, regularly towed a 1300kg boat and just averaged 4.5L/100 on a trip up the coast yesterday!

We bought it as a good family car. Seeing as family isn't happening anytime soon, I decided to let go of the climate control, Auto dimming mirror, cruise control etc... And go to a 5 year newer Jimny with zero comfort, safety and double the pricetag. Got some of the current model rims and tyres to replace the originals on the car where were well and truely worn. Now on the mission to add some audio, cruise control and a host of missing luxury for the SO in a trade for going back to a manual car

Attached Files:

10. The Y-man

Lucky you didn't roll the car over when you jacked it up :D:D:D

[​IMG]

The Y-man

11. The Y-man

That is soooooo newer than my 1.3 JX ("wide track..." pffft) black hardtop.... I put aftermarket leafs and bilsteins to try and soften the blows so I wouldn't suffer as many broken wrists, bruised elbows and concussion.... I set a personal endurance record at the time by driving it to Adelaide and back... (until I later redid the same run for a bit of a challenge with a 1980 1L daihatsu charade no aircon, no carpet, nudda....)

The Y-man

12. Clean Cookie

Clean Cookie Well-Known Member

Haha. By the time I got home picking up the rims it was 10pm and was working the next day so had only one option, drove to the boat ramp devoid of people and using the rattle gun to changeover the rims before the roadworthy the next day. Only took 30 mins and don't think I woke up too many fish...

I'm currently building the new airbag man headquarters here in Brissy so I'll quiz them on suspension. They do a spring replacement kit which looks like it might be good for soft daily and enough (80mm) lift to get it on it's lid off-road.

13. Justin_Z

Justin_Z Mortgage Broker Business Member

14. inertia

inertia Well-Known Member

I so want the new Jimny - I figure it is a great mid-life crisis car!

The Y-man likes this.
  15. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

I’ve got the new car itch again. Problem is what I currently have is still fairy new, is a great car and I can’t really fault it. That’s why I am a little torn.

My daily at the moment is a Jaguar Fpace SVR. 2 years old next month. The supercharged 5L V8 is probably the best sounding out of factory car you can buy right now. It’s as fast as you could want any SUV to be. So it really ticks all the box’s. But I get bored and start looking at other options and before I know it I’m driving out in a new car.

Been watching a whole heap of you tube clips and reviews on the new BMW X6M competition. Personally love the look of the new X6M, not that the jag isn’t a good looking SUV. Interior and features are probably a level above the FPace. Performance the BMW is a step ahead, not that it matters as both are insanely fast for the road. But the jag gets the BMW on engine sound. I haven’t actually heard the X6M in person yet but will be doing so tomorrow.

As much as I love a new car and the X6M is a fantastic SUV , the Fpace SVR is so good that I’m finding this upgrade hard. Not factoring in that I will be up for around a $120k top up to make the switch.

I know first world problem, but this one has me twisted.

any opinions from the car enthusiasts on Fpace SVR vs X6M?

The things that has me hung up on the jag is that glorious engine. Other than that the BMW is a significantly better car and it should be as it’s up in the next price bracket.

16. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20211106-092656_Facebook.jpg

craigc, Lindsay_W and Big A like this.
  17. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

No need to watch that video. I’m well versed in driving like a A hole already. Owned 3 BMWs to date. :D

Lindsay_W and Stoffo like this.
  18. GreenTreeFrog

GreenTreeFrog Well-Known Member

I saw a stunning blue one of those at work this morning, the colour was so amazing, I took a photo.

Have you test driven a Tesla? No it doesn’t have the throaty engine sound but the acceleration is out of this world.

Stoffo and Big A like this.
  19. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

Rear end looks funny/strange to me on the X6M (can't see it when driving it tho so no biggy) interior looks very good but I prefer the sound of a supercharged V8 vs a twin turbo 8
    What's the difference in power between the 2?I

Thought you got a yaris GR recently or was that someone else?

craigc and Big A like this.
  20. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Thought about electric. Not sure I’m ready to give up on the petrol engine just yet. The model X plaid should be here late next year and that thing is insanely fast. But I’m all seriousness, how fast can you go let alone in a SUV. Plus the looks on Tesla’s are boring as hell.
    The Porsche taycan is not a bad looking electric.
    Don’t necessarily need it to be am SUV, but I do like the feel of an SUV as a daily.

Stoffo and Morgs like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.