Cars & Motorbikes Let's talk cars... 2020

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Brady, 20th Feb, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

I'll buy it off you in a few months :)

Big A likes this.
  2. Lindsay_W

3. Empire

Empire Well-Known Member

:D I've nearly convinced myself to go get one!

Lindsay_W and Big A like this.
  4. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Lindsay_W likes this.
  5. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Lol. If you have a use for it then why not. I really don’t have a use for it. I have a great daily driver already. It would just be a spare car that would have to sit in the driveway or road side. I’m not a fan of having cars in the driveway. It’s a pain having to move cars around every time you want to get one out of the garage.

6. Lindsay_W

Same here! I think demand will be/is strong for this car

Empire and Big A like this.
  7. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Maybe we can do a PC group buy and see if we can get a better deal. :D

Lindsay_W likes this.
  8. Lindsay_W

I like the sound of that!

Big A likes this.
  9. bmc

bmc Well-Known Member

cops used them as Highway Patrol cars.
    (and back when cops had a minimum height entry into the force)
    it was funny to see two 6ft+ plus coppers get out of one of these

13708310_1165665690165076_4138642714883272290_o.jpg

The Y-man likes this.
  10. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

11. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

So I just went and drove the GR Yaris and put a deposit on one. Problem is they might not be able to get me one. Apparently the current batch is sold out.
    There will be the rallye pack edition that will come out next year, but I don’t know if I want to spend another $8k on a toy car. Yes it gets some extra performance tech but it also loses some of the creature comfort items.
    Not sure the extra performance tech is going to make any difference in the on road driving experience.

Empire, Lindsay_W and Drifty like this.
  12. Lindsay_W

So do they drive as well as you expected? I'm going to test drive one this weekend

Big A likes this.
  13. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

You can only get so much of a feel for a car in a short test drive in local streets. Steering was nice and heavy, which is what you expect from a sports car. The engine is impressive for a 3 cylinder. Plenty of pull all the way to 7000rpm. I expected such a small engine to run out of puff high up but it doesn't. It does rev nicely so I found myself sitting close to that 3000rpm range meaning any time you put your foot down the power is there. As long as your not holding a high gear and sitting below 2000rpm it has plenty of pull all the time.
    I was also pleasantly surprised with the sound. Once you get the revs up, it has a nice burbly sound to it. Almost a little boxer engine like. Got on a free way and in 6th gear 120km an hour if you hit the throttle it still picks up speed nicely.

I think they have done a good job overall. On a test drive you cant really get a good feel for the handling and throw the car around, but I am sure that is where is shines. Don't think the sales girl would have appreciated me sliding it into the corners. And I didn't want to be the second guy in Australia to take one up the gutter. :D

Lindsay_W and The Y-man like this.
  14. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

I might've pre-ordered a red Yaris GR at the $39,990k driveaway price without telling the financial controller...! Oh well plenty of time (I think) to sort that one, ha!

They're bloody good to drive and suprisingly reasonable inside, but wow does it sound bad at idle- ha! Like a tractor with a blown head gasket!?

craigc, Lindsay_W and Big A like this.
  15. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Good job getting one at $39,990. I’m still not guaranteed to get one at $45k.
    If you ever wanna make a quick $5k? :D

Lindsay_W and Tom Rivera like this.
  16. Lindsay_W

Haha can't be worse than a diesel golf?
    What color Tom?

Big A likes this.
  17. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Red!!! :D

In all my cars, I've only had ONE car in a nice colour that I wanted, everything else has been white, silver, black or... gold. Even with the Renault, silver was the ONLY colour that I didn't want, but it was $3,000 cheaper than the next colour!

Lindsay_W and Big A like this.
  18. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Up until I put the deposit down on one on Friday I was still undecided on moving forward, only because I really have no need what so ever for this car. But now that there is a possibility that I might not be able to get one, I want it even more. :confused:

I just called around to a few dealers and found a dealer who might have one available but will confirm tomorrow. I am assuming I should be able to get back my $500 deposit from the original dealer who was unable to guarantee me an allocation? Will find out tomorrow I guess.

19. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Another thing I noticed during this experience is the different attitudes of dealerships. Three different dealerships with varying responses.
    The original dealer I test drove with and put the deposit down on Friday. We did the test drive sat down to do the paperwork then they tell me they are sold out and might be able to get me one if I place a deposit then and there but with no guarantees. Another dealer I called had no sales people available and is yet to return my call. The third dealer I called has already called me back 3 times and is super keen to get me a car and all but promised they should be able to get me one in the colour I want but will confirm by tomorrow morning.

I know which dealer I would go to first if I was ever in the market for another Toyota. I wont name and praise the dealership until they come through for me tomorrow.

20. Morgs

Morgs Well-Known Member Business Member

You might end up with 2 of them ;)

Big A likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.