Cars & Motorbikes Let's talk cars... 2020

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Brady, 20th Feb, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Empire

Empire Well-Known Member

Serveman and Big A like this.
  2. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Don’t need another car, don’t have room for another car. But I want one. :D

Hearing good things about this car and if it’s like the old school Toyota’s then it would be a hoot to drive. I am imagining it to be as fun to drive as the old twin cam flat back 88 corollas.

I’m trying to convince myself that there is some practical reason for me to go out and get one. :p

Serveman and The Falcon like this.
  3. random

random Well-Known Member

l'm thinking about a classic old merc , 75/6ich is the one l want with a specific headlights and grill front on it , only some models had it . I;ve always loved them and it'd be a gorgeous break from a bouncy Ranger.

4. Serveman

Serveman Well-Known Member

Has anyone owned both a Nissan 300zx z32 and 350z can compare and comment on them?

5. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

cant comment on the 300zx, but mate of mine owned both 350 and 370,

he sold both to get the yaris gr.

i drove both, imho never really a fan of the modern z, they go alright, but stock form bit lumpy heavy thing,

mind you i am always the "lighter" is better guy, so your mileage might vary.

do you really like nissans ?

Serveman likes this.
  6. Serveman

I like The Datsun era with the 240Z, 260z, 280zx and 300zx. Not really into the 350z or 370z. The 350z lost its Z like proportions something they are trying to pull off with the 400z when it arrives. Nissan used to mKe good cars up to the 1990’s but after that they ran into some issues.

7. Serveman

I wonder how if the car is for shorter people only. Will go and check it next June when it arrives. I would mind this set up in an 86.

Big A likes this.
  8. KinG3o0o

i love those cars too, but to bad in our market likes of mcm has put them in prices where it dont make any sense anymore, well most vintage cars are not anymore.

Serveman likes this.
  9. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

The roof line is supposedly lower than the standard Yaris. I am 6 foot tall and fit in the standard Yaris just fine. I have owned two in my time and actually thought even the standard Yaris was a good little car to drive.

Serveman likes this.
  10. random

random Well-Known Member

Funny. Years ago l had a 6'5 work mate use to pull in his little mini every morning , the old mini's. He loved that car but he use to look like a folded up scissor jack sittin in it.

11. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Ok, looking for a budget reliable second hand car that can have flat folding rear seats, not too big but big enough to transport a bike or 2 in the back with the back seat down. Unfortunately our current car seems to be on its last legs....

12. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

When you say budget, what sort of dollars we talking about? I had a Mazda 3, 5 door that’s a great little car with plenty of space in the back when you fold down the back seats. Not sure about bike in back though. Maybe little people bikes. :D

13. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Ok, I’ve just let the seller of a local gumtree listing know I’m interested in their car. I’m actually not too fussed...

14. random

random Well-Known Member

Love second hand cars , l usually sell mine for something like what l paid for them yrs before after l'm finished. One l just sold did about 120k with it, worked with it lived with it traveled with it, got 700 less for it than what l paid for it , never spent a cent on it--- poor car :rolleyes: . Pretty well same story my whole driving life . Couldn't bring myself to just throw how many thousands out the window on new cars the minute you drive them out the gate.

Last edited: 17th Nov, 2020
    gman65, Big A and Gockie like this.
  15. rizzle

rizzle Well-Known Member

My first car was a manual '95 Honda accord vti bought for circa $8k in 2005. Sold it for about $1,200 last year. So the way I see it, I was able to 'rent' this car for about $1,700 a year all up incl. rego, servicing and depreciation.

Big A likes this.
  16. KinG3o0o

civic is an alternative, if you really wanna carry bikes, any wagon will do you fine, just make sure you find one with a "hatch" style boot, a wider opening means less pain when taking your bikes in and out.

as for people who don't like spending cars on money,

everyone like different things, boats watches handbags jewelry food etc ?

one man's meat is another man's poison?

17. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

Toyota corolla wagon 2003
    Boooooring as watching paint dry! but reliable

Stoffo and inertia like this.
  18. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

@Empire , I am going to have to hold you responsible if I buy another car I don’t need. Saw this video a few days before you posted it but brushed it off. Now I have watched another 10 review videos and want to go in and have a look at one. Problem is I know how this ends. First it’s online videos. Next it’s I’ll just go in and have a look at one. Then I’ll be driving out in a car I have no need or space for. :confused:

craigc, Empire and The Y-man like this.
  19. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

It's tiny - I'm sure you'll squeeze it in somewhere. :D

The Y-man

Big A likes this.
  20. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

I have to confess. I just went and sat in one at the dealership. Didn’t go for a drive as I was driving past the dealership and I quickly stopped in for a look.

yes it is very small. I’m a fairly big guy and it felt like I was sitting in a sardine can. Now that I’m driving the Jag Fpace daily I’m use to the space and luxury interior. The GR felt squishy and basic.
    I know, first world problems. I think I am just bored. I have done this before. I’ll buy a car I don’t need and that’s not practical. A few months go by and I’ll be asking myself why the hell did I buy this car.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.