Cars & Motorbikes Let's talk cars... 2020

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Brady, 20th Feb, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Car tart

Car tart Well-Known Member

Bought this 406 cubic inch 4 speed beast yesterday. 84FC7D05-6387-4D09-9FE2-7C8B723C68C0.jpeg

inertia, Codie, craigc and 10 others like this.
  2. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    Buy an auto with triptonic :) You wont get a clutch though

3. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

craigc, OnTheMarket, Morgs and 2 others like this.
  4. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

@random what tyre pressure are you running? and are they the original tyres?
    Increasing the tyre pressure can help the bounce but not too high of course
    Some ranger models bounce more than others - my Wildtrak was a bit bouncy but I think the weight of the roller canopy helps and a little extra tyre pressure.

5. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Congrats. Good choice. The little GR4 Yaris is an interesting car but I think a V8 mustang is the way to go. And you can’t go wrong with black.

TMNT likes this.
  6. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

I pre-ordered a Yaris GR, Red on Red, I haven't had a car in a fun colour for ten years!

I didn't get permission though.... I'm hoping they can delay my delivery long enough to turn around the decision maker :eek:

This is going to be THE performance car of the decade, I don't even like Toyota but I can't wait!

craigc, TMNT and Big A like this.
  7. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Nice. I think it will be a fun car to drive. I have owned two run of the mill yaris’s in my time and enjoyed driving them. Easy to drive and throw around. Wouldn’t mind a GR Yaris to drive around for a day of fun.

8. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

I wish this Yaris GR deal was happening a few years from now. I've got my eyes on that but I'm intending to dump almost all my cash into my next property. Timing is just a little off. Dammit.

Big A likes this.
  9. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

It's ok - we'll wait for a twin turbo 20B triple rotor Mazda 2.... :D:D:D:D:D

The Y-man

Drifty likes this.
  10. random

random Well-Known Member

Well , it had big road/mud tyres on it and it wasn't actually bad with those and apparently a bigger tyre does actually help l read later, where as l thought it'd be the opposite. So l put on a set of far more roadish tyres thinking it;d ride much better , and he's bouncier than ever now so l messed up there. A bit more pressure eh , geez would've thought it'd be less l've got 29 in them now , they recommend 30. Maybe l should try 35 .
    Yeah some weight should def help it usually does . l'm looking for a fairly weighty canopy atm , looked at a fibro'g one but that was so light it wouldn't change a thing.

11. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Smart choice.

12. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

I've taken this whole "delayed gratification" thing almost a bit too far. My current car is almost 20 years old lol. It looks like a POS when I drive it around, it's so bad...the paint is all peeling. I'm going to start loosening my a-hole after my next purchase. I can't live like a bumb much longer. I'll give it another 3-5 years I suppose. I need to start enjoying my life.

Last edited: 27th Sep, 2020
    craigc and Tom Rivera like this.
  13. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I would say an upgrade is warranted if it’s almost 20 years old. That’s more of a necessity purchase than a indulgence. Now if you add a little indulgence as part of that necessary purchase as a reward for being disciplined for so long, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that.

Close to 8 years ago I had a number of investment properties and was looking at buying my first exotic. I had dreamt of owning a Ferrari as the ultimate reward. The 458 Italia had my eye. But instead I decided to invest the money I had put aside for the car into a second business. 2 years later I was at the Ferrari dealership in Sydney talking to the salesman about the 458. I said to him I should really just buy another property instead of spending so much money on a car. He asked me this. Will standing in front of another investment property bring you as much excitement / happiness as standing in front of your own Ferrari? I thought about it and as much as I love investing I don’t think it will make much of a difference if I own 5 properties compared to 6.

Don’t get me wrong, I would never put a car in front of long term financial security. But if you have been working hard and investing well there comes a time in which you must allocate some dollars to things that bring you pleasure. Time flys and it’s easy to get so caught up in accumulating assets that you forget to enjoy some of the fruits of your labour.

craigc, Empire, Someguy and 4 others like this.
  14. josh123

josh123 Well-Known Member

No where talking! Nice 68! I bought this a year ago and love it 8FDA2B57-E581-420C-9229-C310D0521355.png

Car tart, Serveman, Lindsay_W and 3 others like this.
  15. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

33A4BE54-CDCB-4675-8E83-53B75743C998.jpeg 02D4AA3B-C64E-42F8-9D81-FC0BD884BCA4.jpeg 46ACB1DA-4825-4BDE-AD72-E708DA859963.jpeg 156A29B7-55B0-4DEA-9538-4EFA0B1779D2.jpeg Had a chance to see the new M3 / M4 in the flesh today. Looks better in person but will still take some getting use to. Also had a all black M8 competition there and that was more to my liking.

Codie and TMNT like this.
  16. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

craigc, rizzle and Big A like this.
  17. The Falcon

The Falcon Well-Known Member

Morgs and Big A like this.
  18. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Geez that's like when they let the aeronatics engineer design the grill of the Subarus in 2005.

TMNT and Big A like this.
  19. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Hahaha. I remember that crazy Wrx front grill. It actually grew on me after a while and I was keen getting one but never happened. Was better than the bug eye WRX. But nothing beats the last of the original shape WRX being the 2000 model.

Westminster and TMNT like this.
  20. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

The rexy wasn't the issue - it was the tribeca monstrosity!

The Y-man

Big A likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.