Let's compare across the cities

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Angel, 13th Apr, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

How much are similar homes worth in Sydney or Melbourne, compared to the other cities across Australia?

I'll start with one up the road from where I live, just under 20kms from cbd.

37 Minerva Court Eatons Hill Qld 4037 - House for Sale #126143154 - realestate.com.au

Pre GFC, I thought $650k was the upper limit of house prices. These days people in Sydney and Melbourne call that price point FHB territory.

This is what you can get in FHB land a bit further north:

Houses For Sale with 3 bedrooms between $0 and $500,000 in Strathpine, QLD 4500 (Page 1) - realestate.com.au

Houses For Sale with 3 bedrooms between $0 and $400,000 in Kallangur, QLD 4503 (Page 1) - realestate.com.au

2. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

3. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Thanks Cimbom. Would they be examples of FHB range too, or just a similar price point?

How much is a house in Canberra high on a hill with commanding views? The old Minerva Crt culdesac at the top of Eatons Hill has Moreton Bay views in one direction and mountain views in the other. If you miss them, there is always glimpses of the city to the south.

45 Minerva Court Eatons Hill Qld 4037 - House for Sale #127892542 - realestate.com.au
    This one's back decks would look straight to the Bay, but there is also an industrial estate to the north-east. Lovely house though.

4. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

Darwin now is a bit like this....(houses only)

0820 (the best postcode in town) has houses from about 600k up to 2 mill for the really flash joints in Fannie bay and Larrakeyah.

0810 is the "middle ring" I guess. Houses here start at 350 for a poobox. A nice place can now be bought for 500+.

0812 is still close but slightly lower socio economic. Can get a poobox out here for 300, and something nice for 400k+.

Then there's the sattelite city of Palmerston. Can get a place out here for 250k....but we're talking serious crime issues. Good places in better areas can be had from 350k up.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia