Lessons from the downturn - when development goes wrong

Discussion in 'Investor Stories & Showcase' started by Mel Morgan, 21st Apr, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Mel Morgan

Mel Morgan Sydney Property Manager Business Member

This afternoon I packed the last of my styling items, cleaned up and said goodbye to these babies. :(

Onwards and upwards to better things..time to focus on the next chapter and do it really well.

lixas4, Morgs and paulF like this.
  2. Luke T

Luke T Well-Known Member

Wow ! they look incredible .It takes a big person to share publicly what we all go through at times.I honor you .Well done .Its just one deal.

3. Mel Morgan

Mel Morgan Sydney Property Manager Business Member

Thanks for your kind words. Already have an Eastern Suburbs project well underway - and feel free to come say hi at the Info session or a meetup :)

Luke T and Morgs like this.
  4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

@Mel Morgan is a developer, capitalising the interest is part of the game. Paying down debt doesn't come into the picture.

Overcapitalisation is a risk at the peak of the market which only becomes apparent when it's too late. It comes down to the fundamentals - if you overpaid, you'll never make it back. Sensitivity analysis, DCF, IRR all need to be considered, assumptions checked for robustness, timelines both crashed and extended.

5. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    Read the name of the member I wrote that message to. It wasn’t @Mel Morgan :)

6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I probably took it out of context as a development thread vs your comment towards an investment issue. :oops:

Comments still hold for development.

7. housechopper2

housechopper2 Well-Known Member

Development looks great - thank you for sharing. I haven’t seen a development like that before without any off street car spaces provided.

Price Accounting provide investor + developer tax services world and Australia wide for your property and all tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI below for our new client pack and quoted pricing + client portal access. Trusts, Co and SMSF are our specialty.