LegalSuper DIO

Discussion in 'Superannuation, SMSF & Personal Insurance' started by Warped, 3rd Aug, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Warped

Warped Member

Anyone got any experience with this? Searching for "SMSF lite" options as would like to invest along the lines of the LIC investment strategies described (and brilliantly explained) by the likes of @austing, @The Falcon and other Peter Thornhill fans. Have read about ING Living Super, HostPlus, Australian Super etc options etc in other threads but haven't found much on this one. It seems all the favoured LICs along with ASX 300 and various ETFs are available and the fees seem comparable to me. Interested to know what platform they use for trading (believe the cash account is through Macquarie bank), ease of use, any traps/pitfalls etc.

If there is a thread already discussing this super fund, please forgive me and point me in the right direction. Otherwise, any advice, comments, thoughts on this industry fund offering would be most welcome.

Cheers

2. marcusjip

marcusjip New Member

Looked at it and similar options whilst waiting for the industry super to accumulate enough until smsf change was economically worthwhile. In the end - just waiting a little while longer until can do smsf rather than use such an intermediary investment option. Maybe that's what many who are keen to be actively involved in their super investments end up doing (avoids a lot of hassle and paperwork I presume)?