Legal structure

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Mo shouman, 2nd Jan, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Mo shouman

Mo shouman New Member

Hi all
    I am starting my property development journey with a friend. Strategy is to work on manufacturing capital ( renovations, additions and subdivisions. We need to get in a structure by which we can
    1. Minimize tax and claim deductions
    2. Protect assets and personal assets from 3rd parties (i.e public liability claim)
    3. Able to use existing own home equity in the development purchase (through property purchase & line of credit)
    4. Able to use different equity from different IP to fund each other(i.e use manufactured equity in first equity to buy the second)
    We are happy to use a complex setup and hire professionals for the right set up

2. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

whats your question?

You will need at least one company in the mix, maybe 2 or 3, and a trust or 2 or 3, private loan agreements and perhaps mortgages between related entities,

3. Mo shouman

Mo shouman New Member

Thanks for the response. Sorry I wasn't clear
    my question is whats the best structure to achieve what I mentioned above?

4. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

that will depend on the circumstances. There is no 'best' but many potentials.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia