Leaving the house to meet handymen / tenants

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by FullHouse, 10th Apr, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. FullHouse

FullHouse Member

Does anyone know if the current isolation requirements allow us to leave the house to meet tradespeople (planning a bathroom renovation at an investment property) or to meet tenants (due to covid I'll probably have delays with the reno so would be good to get a short term tenant in there in the meantime).
    Govt sites say you can only leave the house for work/groceries etc, no specifics on whether visiting your vacant investment property is allowed.

2. KingBendtner

KingBendtner Well-Known Member

Do you self-manage the IP?

1. Private inspection is allowed - one on one only, by appointment basis, I let my PM arrange this.
    2. Meeting tradesmen for quotations is arguably 'for work' (subjective)
    You are doing 'work' - as running investment property = running a business.
    You are potentially providing 'work' for the trades men.
    The trades men are 'working' (e.g. doing site inspections and providing quotes)
    And Construction industry is 'essential'

I don't have a definitive answer - but above should bail you out if being pulled over by cops?

Propertunity likes this.
  3. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

‘REASONABLE EXCUSES’ TO BE OUTSIDE IN NSW

1. Obtaining food or other goods or services for the personal needs of the household or

other household purposes (including for pets) and for vulnerable persons

2. Travelling for the purposes of work if the person cannot work from the person's place of residence

3. Travelling for the purposes of attending childcare (including picking up or dropping another person at childcare)

4. Travelling for the purposes of facilitating attendance at a school or other educational institution if the person attending the school or institution cannot learn from the person's place of residence

5. Exercising

6. Obtaining medical care or supplies or health supplies or fulfilling carer's responsibilities

7. Attending a wedding or a funeral

8. Moving to a new place of residence (including a business moving to new premises) or between different places of residence of the person or inspecting a potential new place of residence

9. Providing care or assistance (including personal care) to a vulnerable person or providing emergency assistance

10. Donating blood

11. Undertaking any legal obligations

12. Accessing public services (whether provided by Government, a private provider or a non-Government organisation), including social services, employment services, domestic violence services, mental health services, and services provided to victims (including as victims of crime)

13. For children who do not live in the same household as their parents or siblings or one of their parents or siblings — continuing existing arrangements for access to, and contact between, parents and children or siblings

14. For a person who is a priest, minister of religion or member of a religious order going to the person's place of worship or providing pastoral care to another person

15. Avoiding injury or illness or to escape a risk of harm

16. For emergencies or compassionate reasons.

4. FullHouse

FullHouse Member

Ok I'll try this, hopefully cops don't disagree and fine me! The seem to interpret any ambiguous rules in their own way to suit their mood.

5. Shazz@

Shazz@ Well-Known Member

Maybe wait til Easter is over