Laundry to Bathroom Conversion

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Luke C, 17th Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Luke C

Luke C Member

HI Guys and Gals,

I'm looking to turn the laundry of a potential renovation project in to a 2nd bathroom (I was surprised i couldn't find a similar thread). It will be very tight but, we are looking at moving some walls and the bathroom will be 3mx1.6.

There is no floor waste drain in the laundry only a single drain for the sink, so I believe I need to add another 50mm-80mm waste outlet for the shower and a floor waste which ill have to join up to a waste outlet once the pipe is outside? I also am not sure who can give me a quote for this work, would it be the job for a standard builder? The vanity will just hook up with the current laundry sink.

I look forward to any advice,

Regards,

Luke

Attached Files:

2. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I'm guessing you are going to:

Existing bathroom, remove door next to toilet leaving sliding door to Bed 1 to convert to ensuite. I would then put put a toilet if I could where that door is and use the other toilet as is.

Then for the new main bathroom I would:
    - move the bedroom door to bed 3 to come off the family room
    - convert from linen down to end of laundry to be main bathroom
    - 3 x 1.6 is enough for a bath, shower and single vanity

Where will you put laundry services?

I don't think you'll need a builder, just a bathroom company who can arrange a plumber to do the new plumbing

3. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I'm guessing you are going to:

Existing bathroom, remove door next to toilet leaving sliding door to Bed 1 to convert to ensuite. I would then put put a toilet if I could where that door is and use the other toilet as is.

Then for the new main bathroom I would:
    - move the bedroom door to bed 3 to come off the family room
    - convert from linen down to end of laundry to be main bathroom
    - 3 x 1.6 is enough for a bath, shower and single vanity

Where will you put laundry services?

I don't think you'll need a builder, just a bathroom company who can arrange a plumber to do the new plumbing

Gypsyblood likes this.